PDA

View Full Version : Unknown Gazelle

bolkow
25th Jun 2015, 16:11
Fow the last few days Ive noticed a high flying gazelle flying slow making large lazy circles in the sky quite high up in the Llanelli area of Wales by Swansea. Its has a pod of some sort fitted on its starboard side. Impossible to tell if military or civilian or what its doing. Can anybody enlighted me.?

FSXPilot
25th Jun 2015, 19:29
It's about to guide in the missiles. Best hide! ;-)

FSXPilot
25th Jun 2015, 19:30
More seriously sounds like a military gazelle. They still use them for high level observation using some very expensive cameras.

rotorboater
26th Jun 2015, 00:13
is is a whistling chicken looking for sheep:)

bolkow
26th Jun 2015, 17:14
right so you lot dont know either

SilsoeSid
26th Jun 2015, 17:43
bolkow;
right so you lot dont know either

What answer are you after bolkow?

26th Jun 2015, 17:49
It's just GCHQ and the Americans spying on you - nothing to worry about as long as you have your tin-foil hat on and utilise your 'Four Lions' anti-surveillance technique:E

diginagain
27th Jun 2015, 01:44
right so you lot dont know eitherIf you needed to know, you'd know.

F4C
27th Jun 2015, 10:48
Think I've seen this asked before and someone posted this link:

Swansea Airport..Gazelle ,hawk and a Herk!!! ? FighterControl ? Home to the Military Aviation Enthusiast (http://www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&p=155492)

palace_ops wrote:
Sorry for the delayed post on this....that Gazelle is one of two usually assigned to 8Flt based at Credenhill for the SF guys. Its used for surveillance ops ...the Wescam MX15 FLIR is the give-away. I assume there was a training exercise that day/days in and around Swansea?

The Gazelles are from JHC Aldergrove and are from 5 Regiment (the callsigns give them away using AAC500 series callsigns) and are always tasked with supporting the large scale army/marine exercises on Salisbury Plain as two of these Gazelles are, routing from Aldergrove to Salisbury Plain via Swansea for fuel.
Nothing to do with 8 flight.

The MX15 is now fitted to not only the Gazelles but also the Lynx AH7 and AH9 at Dishforth. Of which both MX15 types support the exercises for ISTAR purposes. The Gazelle hovers or orbits between 2000ft and 5000ft picking out targets and movements.

bolkow
30th Jun 2015, 15:24
thanks for the responses that military one has definitely nailed it F4C

SilsoeSid
30th Jun 2015, 16:32
that military one has definitely nailed it F4C

Mmm, FSXPilot didn't 'nail it' in the second reply, three hours after the initial post :rolleyes:

So, a gazelle helicopter, with a pod on the starboard side, l wonder what that would look like;
Let me google that for you (http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Gazelle+helicopter+pod+starboard+image)
:ugh: