PDA

View Full Version : shed a little light?

becster
12th Jun 2002, 20:13
I'm cabin crew for Britannia and i was on a ALC - EMA the other day. On disembarking a pax came up to me and quite rudely told me to tell the f/d that if they landed like that again it would be "back to circuits and bumps for them". I didnt get a chance to pass on this message but i was wondering if any of you guys could shed a little light? Would your response to this have been a desire to go chin the bloke?!:D

M.Mouse
12th Jun 2002, 20:55
Not much you can say really except explain that it does happen occasionally. Quite pointless comment and just demonstrates that the guy didn't have any understanding of what he was talking about.

There is a story of a landing on a Trident with a person quite well known to the Queen on board. It is alleged that said passenger asked for a message to be passed to the flight crew telling them that if they had lost any undercarriage following their somewhat firm arrival they would find it buried up his ****!

Captain Stable
12th Jun 2002, 21:33
becster, you haven't seen this passenger before, have you? Like, perhaps around the training department or the fleet manager's office? ;)

Tinstaafl
12th Jun 2002, 23:32
The entire aviation industry across the globe would like to know what his technique is that guarantees a perfect landing every single time.

If you can contact him again so he can explain it to us we would all be quite grateful...

TightSlot
16th Jun 2002, 20:00
Me too becster (crew with BAL) - often get idiot comments from folk disembarking - usually based on their experience on microsoft simulators - I find it best never to mention their comments to pilots, who understandably get bent out of shape. I smile sweetly and hurry them off to a better place...

Engineer
16th Jun 2002, 20:03
Sometimes the truth does hurt