PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on PAT (Pilot Aptitude Test)

AdamHanis
22nd Jun 2015, 01:28
I came across this online aptitude test site.
I was wondering if anyone has personally tried it?
Would it really help prepare me for future aptitude test as I am currently applying for Cadet MPL Program. I currently do not have any flying experience.

Kind regards.

hazholmes
22nd Jun 2015, 15:05
Hi,
I've used PAT before to prep for assessments etc. and i'd say it was worth it. Don't expect it to be a miracle cure, but it will give you a very good idea of the sort of question and type of answer that is expected.
I've never done any tests identical to those offered but there are one or two which are very very similar. Worth a months subscription in my book.

AdamHanis
22nd Jun 2015, 16:16
Thank you so much for your kind reply.

Noted that with much appreciations!

Cheers.

EC DKN
22nd Jun 2015, 17:14
The best Pilot Aptitude Test you can do is getting a PPL! If you use it before an integrated course...

AdamHanis
22nd Jun 2015, 21:27
Thank you for your kind advice.

I'm trying out with cadet schemes, if not an initio course.(:

TheSkiingPilot
27th Jun 2015, 15:13
Pilot Aptitude Test is a good way of developing your base knowledge before ATPL Theory/ground school, especially for subjects like Mass and Balance, Performance and maybe even Principles Of Flight (possibly others). But it's not needed. It doesn't give you too much of a head start, but more of a confidence boost.

I hadn't tried any of these online aptitude sites, but coming out of AS Level Physics was a definite help, as well as AS Psychology helping with some parts of Human Performance.

Best of luck.

TheSkiingPilot
- Completed final ATPL Theory exam last week!!

AdamHanis
27th Jun 2015, 17:08
Congratulations on passing your final exam!

Thank you for the advice.
I am just trying my best to prepare for phase 2 and 3 for CTC Qatar MPL this October. Any tips?