PDA

View Full Version : Intelligence or Stupidity! P2F and other options, it's a joke!

truckflyer
21st Jun 2015, 10:55
I am constantly astonished by one low after the next in this industry. My advice for anyone in their early 20's to enter this industry would be to stay away. Whatever you see in it, think of it, will be different by the time you are 30!

There has recently been some campaigns against P2F practices by various unions etc., which I would fully support! (ECA and BALPA as examples)

However there is equally non P2F projects disguised as genuine career paths, which is equally disturbing as these P2F options, but they are considered as bonified and acceptable, because these are reputable businesses selling and overpriced product for profit, what difference is this in practice from P2F is beyond me!

I recently had the pleasure to fly with an ex Oxford student, who had recently just spent over £100.000 on his training, that itself should call for some concern by future medical head doctors, but what followed was even more disturbing.
He had just paid an additional £40.000 for his XXX company type-rating :ugh:

Now there has been recent calls to make improved checks on pilots mental health, clearly there is a large over-sight in this field of aviation, as such practices can happen.
The TR price itself is daylight robbery, and is showing a P2F in disguise.
Deny it as much as you want, but with around 3.000 Euro a month, it will be interesting to see how low this industry can go before some other nutter buries an aircraft in another mountain.

EC DKN
21st Jun 2015, 11:21
In any case plenty of modulars are getting jobs paying half the price for the licence! It's not the fault about the industry it's the fault about our society and capitalism who make sheeps that they cannot trust on themselves!

Business is business some schools are doing it pretty well that's it! A lot of people fall on it, simple as that!

By the way, modulars, sooner or later land a job!

truckflyer
21st Jun 2015, 13:03
Exactly, very high percentage of the guys I know who started training the last 5 - 6 years, or were instructors have managed to get a job by going modular.

However there is no doubt that certain school have slowly monopolized opportunities for jobs! (CTC) - and there is in my opinion no doubt bonuses for someone making sure this trend continues and improves as a business model.

As there are no FREE lunches, ever!

Capitalism is fine, however aviation is probably as clean as FIFA!