PDA

View Full Version : CAE

morningstar49
18th Jun 2015, 04:38
Hey guys, I'm an aspiring pilot. I really want to get in to CAE which is pretty hard I know. I've been to their open days too but I'm still confused on which training to choose and commence. I am currently doing BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Applied Science. I've also done some work experience over at an Airport. Is that any good for CV?
Hope someone can help me out. Thanks in advance :)

Reverserbucket
18th Jun 2015, 16:10
I think you should ask why you want to "get in to CAE" if you are still confused as to which training to choose and commence. Under the previous licensing system the UK CAA stated in Standards Doc 35 that:

"The minimum educational standard expected of a student attending integrated courses is that the student will have obtained the equivalent of at least 5 passes in General Certificate of Secondary Education examinations (GCSE) at Level C or above, including English Language, Mathematics and a science subject, which need not be physics. It is for the FTO to advise persons who do not meet this educational standard on their admissibility for the course they wish to undertake"

I'm not certain that this is expected any longer as a pre-entry requirement for an EASA Integrated CPL course however so this would be a useful question to ask your chosen or potential training provider. I'm not very familiar with BTEC's either so is this something you are taking post-GCSE?
It's not 'pretty hard' to get into CAE but it is pretty hard to achieve a successful outcome if you venture into an integrated course unprepared. If you are interested in the modular path I would suggest CAE is probably not the path you want to take in terms of obtaining a PPL and attaining the hours requirement for the CPL module for various reasons. Essentially though, all this information is available from forums such as this one and importantly, from the training providers. If you have attended open days as you say, is there not an opportunity to ask questions? I also think you do a little research into what airline flying entails as you sound a little naïve although I take full account that you are likely to be youthful.

Unless of course I am being naïve and you are in fact a troll.

TheSkiingPilot
27th Jun 2015, 15:18
There is no 'CV work' required to 'get into' pilot academies. GCSE's are a base requirement as well as a Class 1 medical I assume, but other than that you need to pass their entry tests and roughly £100k :)

All the best.

The Skiing Pilot