PDA

View Full Version : Psychometric testing strategy

JulieFlyGal
16th Jun 2015, 06:52
I was told during psychometric testing, if you don't know the answer to a question, then it is better to guess an answer rather than not to answer the question at all. But I always thought, you were better off to get a high percentage of questions answered correctly, even if you don't get to finish all the questions?

I've done two airline psychometric exams in the past where I proceeded to the next stage, and avoided guessing any answers, but now I'm stumped by this advice. Does anyone have any idea which is the best way to go?

paco
16th Jun 2015, 07:41
There are no correct answers for psychometric testing. I wouldn't expect to finish them all anyway. As they are looking to research your inner self, a guess would be more revealing than a non-answer.

Certified psycho (I passed my last test)

JulieFlyGal
16th Jun 2015, 16:19
LOL, :) but I'm referring to numerical and verbal reasoning tests such as these, where there are correct answers.

Numerical Reasoning Tests - Practice FREE Aptitude Tests Online | Practice Aptitude Tests | FREE Online Aptitude Tests (http://www.practiceaptitudetests.com/numerical-reasoning-tests/)

Is it better not to guess?

paco
16th Jun 2015, 17:05
Personally, I think so, but maybe other people would have other input. I would guess that their purpose would also be to put you under pressure. Of course, you could always create your own boxes, but that would definitely fail you the interview!

fwjc
16th Jun 2015, 20:16
It might be worth learning what a Psychometric test actually is.

You will struggle with Verbal reasoning if you don't understand the words.

Both Numerical reasoning and Verbal reasoning can be practiced.

Ilyushin76
16th Jun 2015, 21:40
I gave my psychometric test back in 2012. There were multiple tests and I was told not to leave any question ( perhaps they judged us by our guesses too). One line, be cool and calm and attempt the exam. You'll do fine. :ok: