PDA

View Full Version : EK More 77Ls

Calmcavok
15th Jun 2015, 14:50
Emirates may buy longest-range Boeing 777-200LR jets - Puget Sound Business Journal (http://www.bizjournals.com/seattle/news/2015/06/10/emirates-may-buy-longest-range-boeing777-jets.html)

So, opening more South America, secondary US rotations or what? Where will the drivers come from?

fliion
15th Jun 2015, 16:18
I'm not completely convinced that the so called 'shortage' can't be covered by creative (exhaustive?) rostering & leave denial...not saying things aren't tight but unless I hear of specific destinations & flight numbers that are cancelled because of crew shortage - cargo doesn't count, boxes dont notice a wet lease - I believe their creativity can cover the shortfall.

Everyone I chat to says "we're short".

Okay - just waiting for the flight #s that are habitually cancelled.

Anyone?

Because then & only then will the -1.3% (step less inflation) get changed.

f.

LHR Rain
15th Jun 2015, 17:04
Agreed Filion. Me and almost everyone I talk to says we are short. Then they hit us with a one two in May which speaks volumes. If we were short they wouldn't have screwed us so bad.
They might have to work hard to fill the classes but they are filling the classes, God knows with what. Rumour has it turbo prop guys are coming so there will be no shortage here and no flights will be cancelled. We as pilots will be beyond exhausted though.

Wizofoz
15th Jun 2015, 17:45
On the topic- makes sense. Not so much for the extra range as for the fact that it's a more economical aircraft on thinner routes.

AND they go like shti off a shovel....

As to the off topic- the powers that be believe they have solved the problem by seeking agreements with other airlines to take pilots short term- notable SAA and Malaysian.

When this doesn't work, there will be a very real shortage- but that's just my prediction.

bvcu
16th Jun 2015, 11:20
the existing fleet aren't all being used on ULR flights ? so why buy more ?

alwayzinit
16th Jun 2015, 11:25
"The existing fleet aren't all being used on ULR flights ? so why buy more ?"

Because they are unbelievably flexible maybe?

crewmeal
16th Jun 2015, 11:42
EK is becoming like Star Trek - ''Where no man has gone before''

Spoogie
16th Jun 2015, 15:49
Well the older 200's will eventually go, and the A330's are slowly winding down. With that said, this airplane could fit the bill. It can do short, medium, long or ultra-long range. It also fits more or less into the tight airports, even with 64.8M wingspan.

Spoogz

Guru8904
17th Jun 2015, 10:01
EK is becoming like Star Trek - ''Where no man has gone before''

You forgot to add EKs decision "To boldly go"

trimotor
18th Jun 2015, 03:52
Interesting, especially since TC is not impressed with the aircraft.

glofish
18th Jun 2015, 05:54
Yes but he might start to listen to what some stations are longing for (i.e. IAH, LAX):
2 77L instead of one 380. Almost no limitations on weights, about the same amount of passengers but heap-loads of more freight (might free up some freighters), better sales outlook with two daily flights (due connections), flexibility with sometimes one 77W if seasonally pax loads go up.

Experience with ULR destinations, especially in the US, basically confirms Boeings' outlook of more frequencies rather than bigger equipment.

aussiefarmer
18th Jun 2015, 07:13
Glofish, sounds great. Makes sense. If it wasn't because our base airport is absolutely maxed out. So the only feasible way to grow in the future will be more by aircraft capacity and less by additional frequencies.

glofish
18th Jun 2015, 08:34
Growing means more passengers and more freight, eventually more revenue.

I agree that with such a badly designed home base growth can sometimes only be achieved with bigger equipment. As i pointed out it might work for a lot of destinations, especially those equally constrained. But it shows on some routes, like IAH, DFW and seasonally SFO and LAX, that it does not suit demand. The pax numbers did not materialise but the freight demand did. We end up with half empty dugongs and more and more freighter trips. The stations now pretend that with two 77L slots more desired high yield customers could be attracted and more freight could be loaded on the pax service, saving one freighter trip. So, to come back to your argument, growth can be achieved albeit crowding the home base, while alleviating the home base with a super could not really materialise growth. A real problem .....

Thus i guessed that TC might try the other approach with more 77L?

ruserious
18th Jun 2015, 08:38
Glo'some at any time you make some really lucid and valid commentary, interspersed by your predilection to thinking the Whale is the anti-christ, build a bridge, get over it, getting really old and boring :\

glofish
18th Jun 2015, 09:50
And just where did i pretend that?
It's bigger vs. smaller equipment. Replace 77L with 350 and 380 with 788, if this would soothe your AB-soul. :ugh:

Funny how touchy the whaleriders get when anything points against their grandeur!!

ruserious
18th Jun 2015, 11:28
even the best song in the world get's old on a broken record

bogeydope
18th Jun 2015, 11:29
Goldfish,

Please don't insult the "Whale", when you mean "Dugong"!!

Flytdeck
19th Jun 2015, 16:38
>>You forgot to add EKs decision "To boldly go"<<

Isn't their decision "To goldly blow?"

Bartholomew
1st Jul 2015, 22:25
Our Fleet - Boeing 777-200LR - Emirates SkyCargo (http://www.skycargo.com/english/about-us/our-fleet/?plane=6) - 15t / 90 cu.m

Our Fleet - Boeing 777-300ER - Emirates SkyCargo (http://www.skycargo.com/english/about-us/our-fleet/?plane=5) - 23t / 132 cu.m

Our Fleet - Airbus 380-800 - Emirates SkyCargo (http://www.skycargo.com/english/about-us/our-fleet/) - 8t / 50 cu.m

White Knight
9th Jul 2015, 20:09
8 tonnes? Well blow me down with a feather but the load sheet often has 12 tonnes of fresh meat or veg, as well as the usual DGs and dogs and cats, plus the 498 pax and all of their bags on board - and we're not anywhere near any kind of limit....

Gotta love the whale heh Glofish? Gets all of the staff on board... Marvellous....

And there's a bar too!!! Splendid stuff!!!