PDA

View Full Version : EU airlines which hire pilots with no EU citizenship

dlos87
14th Jun 2015, 09:15
Hi everybody,

I am trying to help a friend. He is from Turkey. He asked me if I know any EU airline which hire pilots without the EU citizenship.

Thank you guys!

kirungi1
14th Jun 2015, 09:51
For British Airways, your friend will need only an unrestricted right to work and live in the UK which doesn't have to be an EU citizenship. It might be worth following this lead. Best of luck :ok:

captain.weird
14th Jun 2015, 11:10
Why not finding a job in Turkey while there are a lot of vacancies over there?

theiceman747
14th Jun 2015, 12:55
It's more likely your friend won't be able to find a job in EU because if he doesn't have the right to live and work inside EU, it's almost imposible to live and work here.

The position is more likely to be obtained by a EU citizen. As the other way around, a EU citizen has the same difficulties if he/she wants to work outside EU (needs a VISA) so it's the same problem. I suggest you try to find something for your friend in Turkey or near, it's not posible for non-EU citizen to find a job in EU.

Same happens if you want to go to USA, much more difficult to get a VISA to work there. :)

Cedarjet80
15th Jun 2015, 20:20
I do not hold an EU passport.
I do hold a permanent right to live and work though.
I was called for an assessment, the airline knew very well about my situation.
Successful sim+interview
Got offered a position+date to start
1 month before......... We are sorry we've changed our opinion.

So expect whatever, HR do not always know what they have to know :(

joelisbaker
21st Jun 2016, 21:19
I'd love to re-open this thread, maybe someone has some updates.

As for myself - I am a US Citizen with permanent residency in Germany, therefore working /living rights in the EU...

It seems nowadays every airline says they want an EU National with EU Passport... anyone know of any exceptions please?

Thanks a bunch in advance!

tume
23rd Jun 2016, 17:36
Offtopic, but: I would trade my EU passport for a US one in a heartbeat (throw in my left testicle, too) to get back to my p135 carrier or jump into gazillion of opportunities now for guys with ATP. Visa expired, have been back home in Europe three months unemployed now. :yuk: