PDA

View Full Version : Chinese Air Force - Recruiting photos

Prawn2king4
13th Jun 2015, 03:55
Self explanatory - hope the link works.....

New PLA campaign targets new recruits: Air Force - Global Times (http://www.globaltimes.cn/galleries/112.html)

Arty Fufkin
13th Jun 2015, 07:30
Looks great! Where do I sign up?

I think the guy writing the letter home may have just been selected to be a Bird Repeller. :uhoh:

Martin the Martian
13th Jun 2015, 08:19
Not too dissimilar to our own recruiting images really, though I wasn't aware that the Breitling Wing Walkers are part of the PLAAF. And they've even got their own Top Gun moment:

You may have heated arguments with your comrades about technical problems that will strengthen your skills and friendships.

Doesn't quite have the impact of "I will fire when I am goddamn good and ready! You got that?" though...

Fareastdriver
13th Jun 2015, 08:41
I wouldn't joke too much about it. My first experience with the PLAAF was in 1995. Since then, as a fighting service it has been totally transformed for the better. Equipment, T&Cs, training, the list goes on.

MPN11
13th Jun 2015, 11:01
"Write home to your Honourable Mother, Dri Ping Snot"

uffington sb
13th Jun 2015, 12:05
I like the leather flying jackets, but I pity the poor crew running to the jet last in the line.
You would have thought they would provided a crew bus!!

Fareastdriver
13th Jun 2015, 12:17
We had to run that far in the sixties. You don't now, the Royal Air Force hasn't got that many aircraft.

fltlt
13th Jun 2015, 12:40
Uphill, both ways!

Could not resist.

Traffic_Is_Er_Was
13th Jun 2015, 12:51
Pilot Jiang Jiaji brings a jet to the takeoff line. All successful takeoffs are the result of countless hours of practice.
Bit harsh. I'm sure the unsuccessful ones were practised just as much.