PDA

View Full Version : Radio licence?

Helichap
9th Jun 2015, 21:02
Hi

I have got a ground to air radio licence.

Just wanting some opinions on what is the going day rate paid for someone with this license to operate radio service at events etc? UK

THANKS ALL.

chevvron
10th Jun 2015, 08:57
I presume you're referring to a Radio Operator Communication Certificate (ROCC).
You don't get employed solely as an A/G operator, it's usually in addition to some other task such as mowing the grass, marshalling or re-fuelling.
Having said that, I was asked to help at an airfield where their A/G operators all suddenly left and I asked for and got £120/day, from which HMRC (due to it being a second job) took 40%.
If you really want to get paid, you have taken the first step towards getting a FISO (Aerodrome) License, which requires you to hold an ROCC when you commence training.

Peter-RB
13th Jun 2015, 13:03
Hey Helichap.

Why not do it for the happiness of helping such an event, you could plus Food transport and all the brown bottle you can open,....you understand AFTER the said event..or just ask m what they would give you for your time, and bring with you your ham butts.....Butties or Sandwiches (depends where you are)

Peter R-B:ok: