PDA

View Full Version : Saudi GACA Atpl

mothergoose1
7th Jun 2015, 13:30
Hi . I am a first officer on a320 wanting to know what are the requirements of atpl Saudi as I want to convert my license to Saudi atpl . Right now I have an ICAO Cpl and in my country they have introduced the 14 papers of JAA and you don't even get the JAA license just an icao one for the atpl. There is a pass percentage of only 10 percent and its all memory at my homeland. Please can anyone guide me whether Saudi atpl is easy . Do they have two papers? And do you study from glem?

1.can I convert icao Cpl to SAUDI GACA ATPL without giving 14 papers.
2. WHERE Do I study from? GLEM? JAA question bank which I hate
Can I come to Saudi and give my papers there ?

Please if you guys have recently given it please share . This is a huge problem .

Transsonic2000
10th Jun 2015, 12:42
I'd suggest to get this cleared with the Saudi Aviation Department, they should be able to help you, see link below.

http://www.gaca.gov.sa/en-us/Pages/ContactUs.aspx

Ilyushin76
15th Jun 2015, 09:05
What flying school did you attend in Pakistan and which airline are you working for? It seems you are a fresh inductee on the 320.

Pass percentage of 10%? Are you sure these statistics are correct because last I recall most people who appear for the exams (with preparation) pass them with at least 70% marks. A meager 10% stay behind because they are either too lazy to study or are just not able to handle the pressure of the subjects.

Also, if you attended the ground school in your respective flight academy, they would have taught you from the EASA books published by Oxford. The test bank has been prepared around that course outline, if you noticed. There are people who actually made an effort to study the course first and then attempt to cram up the test bank.

These "14 subjects" you are criticizing are a standard almost everywhere except for the countries where they either follow or are inspired by the FAA syllabus. The advantage you get because of these "evil 14 subjects" is that your license conversion exams are waved off sometimes (exception being human performance and air law ). In places where EASA license is in play, your chances to get a waiver are higher. In some cases, like in Australia, even if you hold a FAA license, you will still have to reappear in all the written exams.

Glem is a generic term used in Pakistan only. The term you are referring to is "FAA ATPL Syllabus".

Are you sure you want to convert to a Saudi ATPL? What for? To enter their airline? Once you respond to an ad and get shortlisted, it is the airline's headache in the Middle East to get your license converted, not yours. They have all the fast track channels set for airline pilots so that the conversions done in the minimum time. They will have their own syllabus and yes you will have to go to Saudi to appear for the exams in their designated test centers ( as far as my research goes).

Your problem is not huge. It's solvable. Provided you take the time to research properly. Contact the Saudis for further information. Only they can guide you correctly