PDA

View Full Version : EMIRATES ASSESSMENT iIN MUMBAI

Flying738ng
5th Jun 2015, 11:16
Hello,
Emirates has been posting a lot of assessment in Mumbai ads on fb, directs to a link , when you open that link, theres nothing mention when is the assessment scheduled in Mumbai.

Requesting you all to share the information about the same

SOPS
5th Jun 2015, 14:23
No mention of Mumbai on the EK careers web page.

Flying738ng
5th Jun 2015, 16:49
True, but the ads keeps popping up for assessment in Mumbai

SOPS
5th Jun 2015, 17:06
Where are you seeing these ads..provide a link

Payscale
5th Jun 2015, 21:45
I didn't think we recruited from India due to the uncertainty over logged flight time

nolimitholdem
6th Jun 2015, 01:38
They are simply doing the needful to get a job.

Get a Pilot's License in India in 35 Minutes (http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-06-01/pilots-qualified-to-fly-in-india-after-just-35-minutes-in-air)

av8r76
6th Jun 2015, 04:24
What you bigoted tw*ts don't realize is that a significant majority of Indian pilots acquire their licenses from outside India and have genuine verifiable hours, unlike these c*nts who deserve a restraining order from any sort of heavy machinery. Don't let the facts get in the way of a good story.

My circus currently has a Scandinavian 'pilot' who can't tell the control column from his d*ck, hence me having to recover from his PIOs. Cursory enquiry revealed that his jet hours were flown in now defunct airlines. So these sort of yahoos operate all over.

738...... EK conducts road shows all across the globe, including India. From what I can recall they were in your part of the world a few months back. If you are looking for genuine information, plenty can be found in these forums. The official version is on their career website.

Good luck.

Flying738ng
6th Jun 2015, 07:19
Thankyou av8r76

PAYSCALE firstly, this thread is not about, fake pilots in india, if you wanna discuss that,better make another thread and crib there,
As professionals,I wanted to know from the gentleman around on this website, to share info.

Unfortunately fakers fly around the world, but its wrong to tag india as the only one, as av8r76 said, a large number of pilots have genuine flying hrs,
Plus just to give u a heads up PAYSCALE, most of the pilots in India fly GENUINE 100hrs a month, that too on narrow body(4sectors) almost every other day, without being a cry baby on public forums

Flying738ng
6th Jun 2015, 09:25
@sops
Plz message me your email id, I am unable to attach the snapshot on pprune

@av8r76
True Emirates was in Delhi in the month of March 2015,
But this new assessment is to be held in Mumbai

MrMachfivepointfive
6th Jun 2015, 09:59
Av8r76...

...Too bad PPRuNe does not have a 'like' button. Great post.

nolimitholdem
6th Jun 2015, 13:37
Just like something isn't bragging if you can back it up, neither is something "bigotry" if it happens to be true. An easy label to hurl, the refuge of the weak argument. And what the hell does lying and cheating have to do with race, anyway?

Of course there are "Parker-Pen Pilots" elsewhere in the world, in any competitive field there will always be people trying to cut corners. But to suggest that perhaps the problem in India is a little more widespread than the padding of a few hours here and there is old news. Frankly I'm surprised the suggestion of corruption in the subcontinent even has the ability to be offensive, it's so commonplace.

Moving on.

Plus just to give u a heads up PAYSCALE, most of the pilots in India fly GENUINE 100hrs a month, that too on narrow body(4sectors) almost every other day, without being a cry baby on public forums

Just a heads up for "U", remarks like this won't endear you to the EK recruiters, no matter how desperate they are.

Curry Goat
6th Jun 2015, 14:10
"My circus currently has a Scandinavian 'pilot' who can't tell the control column from his d*ck"

Wish I had his problems. :O

Flying738ng
6th Jun 2015, 14:59
@nolimitholdem,

Well that's the kind of response anyone will get, if you (PAYSCALE) rub people on the wrong side,

If a guy being already being in Emirates could say such racist things, I m sure, I have a better attitude(and slightly better chance) so thanks for your concern, but no thanks

donpizmeov
6th Jun 2015, 22:04
They say it's the best licence money can buy.

captainpluto
7th Jun 2015, 04:31
To Payscale,

I can give you proof of American TRE's on the 737 over logging hours, British pilots in fly dubai flying with fake logbooks and other pilots from european countries having faked their instructorship on the A 320 and looking to seek a job in the middle east. I don't know which country you belong to? But i will guarantee you i will find you fake pilots from your country who have forged some document or the other. Before generalising and making a statement about a country, India in this case try get out of your comfort zone and explore the world a bit and if you can't accept a multi cultural environment of pilots from different parts of the world then you are the last person who should ever fly a commercial aircraft. I despise human beings like if you if I can call you one who like to demoralise young pilots. From your statement it clearly shows that you don't have the mental temperament of flying a commercial aircraft and you yourself must have forged your documents to get through wherever you are in life. I hope you don't do anything stupid like the German Wings pilot and i only pray that God showers you with wisdom and professionalism. All the best!

SOPS
7th Jun 2015, 04:39
Well, this has certainly bought them out of the woodwork. What did Shakespeare say...me thinks he protests too much..?

And Pluto..I did not see Payscale making any personal attacks on you.:=

ekwhistleblower
7th Jun 2015, 04:42
F737G,

Get the chip off your shoulder, why on earth would you pull out the race card. The original comment asked a question about whether or not EK recruited from India due to potentially corrupt flight time logging practices. There was no mention of race or skin colour. Yes there are Parker Pen pilots from all around the world, but some parts of the world have more corrupt business cultures of which India, for all its progress is one. Don't believe me, see this:

2014 Corruption Perceptions Index -- Infographics (http://www.transparency.org/cpi2014/infographic/global)

Are Transparency racist? When you are immersed in a particular situation it becomes the norm, not right or wrong, just the way it is. We do have a few Indian pilots, I have limited experience of them having flown with only two. One was a top man and great company on the flight deck, the other a complete...

captainpluto
7th Jun 2015, 04:48
Dear SOPS,

It ain't about me or India or anything personal. But if anyone would have made such a comment even about Australia or Pakistan i would have responded in the same manner. Again nothing personal. This is a thread share info about the assessment in Mum, if Payscale has no info on the subject he could have shut his track instead of making such a statement like, 'Emirates doesn't hire pilots from India as they over logg the hours'. He has generalised every Indian pilot of had over logged his hours. It is remarkable what PPRuNe has achieved by bring pilots from all over the world together on this forum and we all are trying to make aviation a lil bit easier for our fellow pilots no matter from which part of the world they come from. My only advice to payscale is stop spreading negativity.

captainpluto
7th Jun 2015, 04:53
ekw****eblower,

The racist card was already pulled out by your best friend pay scale when he proclaimed that emirates doesn't hire indian pilots as they over logg hours

captainpluto
7th Jun 2015, 05:15
ekwhistleblower,

And as far as your comment about flying with a top Indian pilot and another a jackass these are traits of mankind and nothing to do with being an Indian or an American. I have flown with American/Brit/Indian expats out of which some were top notch and some complete jack a$$es.

Payscale
7th Jun 2015, 07:24
Oh Lord. You boys have been overheating in my absence. Calm down now... after all you are professional pilots right?
My one liner was posed as an open question. Not a statement of facts.

There is absolutely nothing racist in my post, but I respect that our opinions might differ on this point.
I suggest that you help your country clean up the dirty operators rather than spending time here accusing people a racism.
A course to bring you ELP a level or two up might even be suggested to Pluto and NG.

I believe there are a number of countries that EK and the other ME carriers do not presently hire from.

racism
ˈreɪsɪz(ə)m/
noun
noun: racism

the belief that all members of each race possess characteristics, abilities, or qualities specific to that race, especially so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races.

....in you next post please explain how being against hiring pilots from countries with proven track records of selling inflates flight time has anything to do with racism.

bigotry
ˈbɪɡətri/
noun
noun: bigotry; plural noun: bigotries

intolerance towards those who hold different opinions from oneself.

....we do agree that overlogging hours and selling hours is a crime, right? Ups there goes bigotry out the window...

Ophion
7th Jun 2015, 07:30
There's none as intolerant as those who preach tolerance.

Jeez, some of you guys must be really thin skinned to get offended so easily.
I suggest getting out your guitars, sit in a circle, and have a chorus of Kum-by-ya to relieve all that indignation.

Nikita81
7th Jun 2015, 07:30
The racist card was already pulled out

I've got an e-mail from an Indian passenger asking me to publish his story on my blog. He complained on one cabin crew who didn't want to give him "a bottle" of whiskey. He found it racist. He claimed that all of the cabin crew behaved differently (better) towards "white" people. He, of course, forgot that not all cabin crew are "white" and that all passengers are not "white" (yet, he was the only one complaining on racism and he probably wrote a complaint form and screwed a peace of mind of some cabin crew (because we all know what happens to staff after that). He even went a step further - he wanted to humiliate that cabin crew on my blog, completely ignoring the fact that my blog is serving for completely different purposes.

Why I am telling you this? Because that guy got the same answer which you are going to get now:

This is not racism. Racism is a strong word and it's used when you feel that someone discriminates you (your physical and mental) abilities because of your skin colour and/or a race you belong to.

Same happened with an guy from India (coincidentally) on LinkedIn who made a whole fuss over an ad of an employer who didn't want to employ Indian nationalities. He called it a "racist ad".

It's ugly, it's wrong, it's an open discrimination and it doesn't say nice things about that employer, but it's not racism. That employer wants to employ people from Africa and other parts of Asia (or USA and France), for example (they have better chances to have dark skin colour), so how was that a racist ad?

I also told a mentioned passenger next thing: complaining on racism where there is no racism on sight is, actually, a misuse of a term and when you misuse it, people who are discriminated by their skin colour are damaged.

You are offended by a discrimination (a joke or question in this case) according to your citizenship . Your country (not your skin colour) is discriminated due to some prejudices or some wrong practices that your country is famous for. Let the people who actually are victims of a serious racism complain on - racism.

Payscale
7th Jun 2015, 08:44
Just imagine! Thats a whole EK of fake pilots.:ooh:
Chills running down my spine.
Be they Indian, Eskimos or Scandinavians for the come culturally sensitive.

Flying738ng
7th Jun 2015, 08:46
A course to bring you ELP a level or two up might even be suggested to Pluto and NG
@payscale
I request you to do a course on "common sense which is not so common"
This forum was to discuss information about assessment in Mumbai , any not for for useless beliefs,

Flying738ng
7th Jun 2015, 08:50
I believe there are a number of countries that EK and the other ME carriers do not presently hire from

@payscale

Again your beliefs are quite wrong ,
Qatar had an assessment in dec 2014,
Emirates in March 2015 and the unmentionable has agreement with Jet
With whom they have inducted pilots on to their wide bodies,

Please come out of your small world

Payscale
7th Jun 2015, 09:00
What to do! I give up. Wish you luck at the assessment.

BTW. What does this mean?

"This forum was to discuss information about assessment in Mumbai , any not for for useless beliefs, "

Flying738ng
7th Jun 2015, 09:03
his forum was to discuss information about assessment in Mumbai , any not for for useless beliefs, "

Sorry that was because of auto correct

captainpluto
7th Jun 2015, 12:19
@ Payscale, there was no need for that comment in the first place as this thread is for Emirates Assessment in Mumbai and not for your one liners which would create a situation like this one. You can have any opinion you want but then you would come across as a jackass. And for the ELP level, if you are judging the quality of English based on some written text on a public website then you are really immature and this proves again that you derive great pleasure in making other pilots look bad but constant discrimination about one's nationality or english and so on. I have a ELP level 6 on my Australian Cpl by the way. Your belief about ME carriers not hiring from certain places is again your ego telling you to make your fellow pilots look bad. I fail to understand your mentality and why are you constantly trying to discriminate pilots based on geographical locations. FYI, EK was started with wet lease by Pakistan Airlines and i personally have my Pakistan pilot friends flying for EK and QR which means EK/QR which are ME carriers are not discriminative as clearly you are about the geographical locations of the pilots.
@Nikita81, after going through your journalist type comment it looks like you have no idea what have we been discussing about. Get your facts correct before starting journalism on PPRuNe. Yes people have a right to get offended over discrimination but why have you got offended and got back at replying with some vague comment. Who did even mention you in the earlier posts?
@ Mutely Crew, I hope you are happy in life after trying to make some wise a$$ comment and having a good laugh. It clearly shows you have nothing constructive left to do in life or either that you are so bored that you need put down someone's image to make yourself look good. Get a life dude!
Finally @ pay scale own up to your mistake and admit that you made a comment in the heat of the moment. Apologise and let peace prevail.

Nikita81
7th Jun 2015, 13:39
I fail to understand your mentality and why are you constantly trying to discriminate pilots based on geographical locations.

Maybe I don't understand what you are talking about, but you've understood my message, obviously.

captainpluto
7th Jun 2015, 13:42
No i haven't understood your message for the obvious reasons.

Nikita81
7th Jun 2015, 14:00
Yet again, you didn't even have the courage to stick to your opinion. You've just changed it (switched from racism to geographical discrimination) and you don't even admit that. Do you really expect somebody to take you seriously in this debate?

Real victims of racism thank you for lowering the quality and justification of their argument for discrimination.

captainpluto
7th Jun 2015, 14:35
Lol, i don't need courage to stick to a opinion. But clearly you don't have the courage to support the cause rather than just siding with some nut case to get into the debate for your personal satisfaction. I haven't changed my opinion about anything it is you who is changing the context. The debate is result of narrow minded people like you. So stop wasting everyone's time and lecturing people or posting stories about some stupid passenger, whiskey, linkedin, etc

captainpluto
7th Jun 2015, 14:44
And EK has never discriminated anyone on the basis of colour or nationality but it is narrow minded people like you who create this barrier. And secondly I haven't complained about racism in the first place. My only issue was when Payscale generalised in his statement that all Indian pilots over logg the hours. So in that context which ever country Payscale belongs is made of fools as he is definitely one and so the whole country has to be filled with foolish people according to his theory.

Nikita81
7th Jun 2015, 14:47
:)

It's easy to provoke people to show their real faces, don't you think?

It's also easy to get offended, but it's easier to offend (as shown in your previous post).

I am sorry. I can't support an opinion of a man who doesn't have any other goals in life than selfish ones. If you were a real victim of racism or any other kind of discrimination, you would respect people around you because respect is also what you want. Isn't that right?

People always get what they give. At the end. Remember that.

captainpluto
7th Jun 2015, 14:53
I don't care what opinion you have about me as you are loser for me and i don't need to display my goals to a narrow minded person like you. As for the respect you clearly don't seem to deserve any hence you per your quote no one here is respecting you.

Capt. Flamingo
7th Jun 2015, 15:23
get a room

Nikita81
7th Jun 2015, 15:27
I think that law forbids having an intercourse with a minor, no? No thank you, I don't want to be arrested. :}

captainpluto
7th Jun 2015, 15:34
Good joke!

fliion
7th Jun 2015, 15:53
Some people v sensitive on here....

...almost like they're 'untouchable' ?

; >

f.

crazy_bird
7th Jun 2015, 18:28
...and the best part is, everyone seems to have forgotten the OP's simple question and have gone to a completely different topic. Man, i should visit PPRuNe more often than tumblr. :D:E

SOPS
8th Jun 2015, 00:14
I will pay that one fliion.

glofish
8th Jun 2015, 05:10
Assessments are held to check the suitability of applicants. Experience is among the most important requirements, thus quite sensitive to correctness.

Definition of experience:

Experience is the knowledge or mastery of an event or subject gained through involvement in or exposure to it

Having long been involved in assessing, any entity gains experience in it. The same applies to people exposed to the selected, be it in training or on the job later.

If such involvment or exposure generates some pattern in the memory bank of individuals or companies, then it is not racism if some groups are more noticable than others, it is simply another form of experience.

Trader
8th Jun 2015, 05:23
The cry of 'racism' is the cry of those unable to argue with fact. It's use, more often than not, is to destroy any discussion on a topic.

The simple fact is that India has a problem with fake licences, university degrees etc. That is not racist but simple fact.

Should companies still hire Indian pilots? Of course they should but I suspect they will simply look more closely at the candidate! For those Indians on this forum crying racism, if you are qualified then there will be no issue.

cucuotto
8th Jun 2015, 06:07
More tigers..less indians.

captainpluto
8th Jun 2015, 10:19
You guys have just blown out the issue out of proportion. Anyways carry on as you are so sure of yourself.

framer
8th Jun 2015, 14:16
Can anyone remember when Pprune wasn't dominated by mindless drivel ?
Remember when we used to have polite and robust discussions about all things aviation?

masalama
8th Jun 2015, 14:42
So here we go again . Did someone bother to read the article on the 4000 fake pilots in India NDTV article dated 2011? It clearly mentions that the Indian DGCA carried out verification of all license holders(4000 + active airline pilots) after getting a few parker pen fakers .

Gents and one girl , that process is over , so u and EK can rest assured that the majority are in fact genuine but there will be no guarantee that they join EK seeing that India is finding it difficult to crew it's own aircraft and are on the verge of having a china like shortage of experienced airmen in the near future ( my prediction ...watch this space).

Anybody planning to make the move to the middle east , look at the geo-political situation in that area and fast forward ten years ...see how religious conflicts and wars are building up out there , all it takes is for these to escalate out there and a lot of people would be brushing up on their hindi and chinese PA's..think long term D K BOSEs.....

masalama.

fliion
8th Jun 2015, 16:12
Masa - 2011?

Ha , bother to read? Yes, get real and read this article which headlined Bloomberg Global Transportaion section exactly 9 days ago - and then come back to us with your thoughts.

You Can Get a Pilot License in India After Just 35 Minutes in Air - Bloomberg Business (http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-06-01/pilots-qualified-to-fly-in-india-after-just-35-minutes-in-air)

Caveat - Nothing against any nationality as we all have our flaws. Just passing on the article.

f.

masalama
8th Jun 2015, 17:08
yes I did read this article and the others and I do agree there is a problem with some of the flying schools here in India but as mentioned earlier a huge majority of Indian pilots have done their basic training outside India and the hiring process into the Indian carriers is robust , at least into the private carriers like Jet, Indigo etc.

Our DGCA needs a major overhaul if they cannot regulate the flying training organizations and it's a few rotten apples that spoil the whole bunch unfortunately. This has touched a raw nerve especially when we all know how much hard work we have put in to become professional pilots and to be branded as fakers does make the blood boil, maybe it's a cultural thing ....

Filion, would you mind telling us how many Indian pilots does EK have ? Also, has EK had any problems with their flying skills or lack of it???

I still think it's better for Indian pilots to stick around in India as the potential for growth in aviation in the years to come is enormous , pay and perks for experienced pilots will only improve and it would be more difficult for carriers in the ME to attract experience in the future .

Btw, is there an assessment in Mumbai or not???

Masalama.

fliion
8th Jun 2015, 17:22
Masa

Don't know how many there are but there are a good number of them around - and each that I have flown with - absolute gents & ...no operational issues whatsoever.

Not that I'm qualified to judge others ....just a line jockey.

All road show dates posted on Emirates careers websites

f.

Flying738ng
8th Jun 2015, 17:41
Hello masalama

Please message your email address, I have taken a screen shot of the said ad, I will email you that. The ad says there's one happening in mum soon, when you open that link it directs you to Emirates career page where there's no info about assessment in Mumbai

Flying738ng
8th Jun 2015, 17:44
Whoever needs to have the screen shot of the ad, please message me your email ids, I will email it....

ruserious
8th Jun 2015, 18:23
There are about 80 pilots in the company, who are listed as Indian nationals

nolimitholdem
9th Jun 2015, 06:51
If people are this sensitive about being tarred with a wide brush for the actions of a few, then I can assure them that EK is the last place on earth they want to be.

All management policies are mindlessly imposed without regard for the fact that the masses are punished or disadvantaged for the actions of a few. From comm failures to staff travel loads to payment for meals at the training college, it is a lazy, simpleminded, heavy-handed approach.

Better get used to it.

As far as broken web links, terrible IT interfaces, out of date, confusing, conflicting, just plain wrong information ...hahahah! Better get used to that too.

bad_attitude
10th Jun 2015, 03:00
The EK assessment will be held at the Westin, Mumbai between 22nd-26th June.

Flying738ng
10th Jun 2015, 05:25
Thank you very much, where did you find this information

Flyboy_SG
28th Jun 2015, 12:36
Assessments are on in Mumbai and they will be back in India in October again.