PDA

View Full Version : Arabian money article cost of living dubai

You rock
27th May 2015, 18:00
Stephen Corley: Is the UAE just getting a bit too expensive? « ArabianMoney (http://www.arabianmoney.net/gcc-economics/2015/05/27/stephen-corley-is-the-uae-just-getting-a-bit-too-expensive/)

The Outlaw
27th May 2015, 18:20
I know Stephen personally...a very very smart and insightful individual.

Indications of another bubble?

I guess we shall see.

puff m'call
28th May 2015, 13:54
Yet Emirates doesn't seem to think we need a pay rise:ugh:

NGFellow
28th May 2015, 14:38
I think many are coming to the same conclusion, especially if the schooling allowance is lacking and the housing allowance is paltry. These are the main expenses for families. 68% of my income goes to housing and schooling! I don't work for EK.

Mr Good Cat
28th May 2015, 15:18
But this is Vegas and the stuff of dime novels; a cross between Fritz Lang’s Metropolis, Dodge City and the Klondike. Life in the ivory towers continues, with the dream merchants oblivious to the crushing pressures further down the scale.

On the contrary - I believe they are aware... It's necessary to enable the local population to have their gold-plated Cayenne's like the one pictured. I'll let you work out why yourself.

You rock
28th May 2015, 17:28
Gents

We all know as long as your bottom points too the ground and you walk into a supermarket and you find a apple at 1 aed you can rest assured that it will be 2 aed in 5 yrs. will the salary double no. Do I expect our salary to double no but dare I say we would have to be worth an extra 30 per cent. Will we see it.

Well I probably can say with total surety no

This is the out right truth. Ek pay on what the rest of the market is paying not what the cost of living is in dubai. I have always said you earn a dollar a month and if it costs you 1.20 a month what the hell are we doing here.

intake
29th May 2015, 11:27
You rock, offset inflation with a hotdog or pork roll stand dude.....:ok: