PDA

View Full Version : JOC or Instructor rating

Turbocomp
27th May 2015, 14:25
Hi Guys,

I'm heading to FTE Jerez in September to do my MEIR/CPL. I have enough money to complete the JOC (Jet Orientation Course) while I'm there but I began thinking if I should keep the money and get my instructors rating back here in Dublin and try secure a job in the same school. Is the JOC completely necessary? I could come home and save will training/working for the MCC. I work as a singer/musician 4-5 nights a week so I can still make a living regardless if the instructing hours I get are crap.

Any advice would be great.

BigGrecian
28th May 2015, 12:25
You should only do the instructor rating if you want to instruct.

Don't complete a JOC/FI comparison on the basis of money as it defeats the point of instructing which is to impart your passion to someone.

Also if you want to instruct at this school in Ireland you should definitely complete your CPL/IR there, not go to Jerez then come back for the instructor rating.
If you complete it all one stop your more likely to get a better product, service and become a better pilot, and instructor if you are tuned to an harmonised approach.

EC DKN
28th May 2015, 23:17
You will not get any advantage by going to FTEJerez. Instead, make you a favour and go to PAT Bournemouth or something like it. You will be treated as a real costumer and pilot, not just another number. Moreover, FTE is lacking of instructors and mostly of them are not carreer FIs, all the opposite in PAT or Exeter.

And for the JOC or FI, for the price of the JOC in Jerez you can nearly do both:

MCC+JOC at CRM Aviation / FI at Booker Aviation (Wycombe Air Center).

Good luck whatever you decide to do.

Capt Pit Bull
29th May 2015, 10:49
The question is do you want to instruct or do you want to fly for an airline. If it is the latter, you pretty much need a JOC. If you want to instruct and have an opening and can train at the same establishment, then BigGrecians post has a lot of merit.

Turbocomp
29th May 2015, 18:20
Yeah I think your right BigGrecian, I would genuinely love to instruct, I have a passion for teaching it has always appealed to me but my heart will always be in an Airline job. So follow the heart as they say!
Yeah thanks Capt Pit Bull I will be focusing more on the JOC by the sound of things. Hopefully get some good referees etc which will be very valuable in the hunt for the golden seat.
EC DKN I've done quite a bit of research on FTE Jerez mainly through word of mouth, past cadets and so forth, no one has come back negative and in fact surpassed what I was expecting. 2 people I know got airline interviews and they were both asked on separate occasions why the didn't pick FTE :eek:

Thanks for all the input, it has been very helpful!:ok:

flyfly4
30th May 2015, 19:59
Well, my intention is to end up working for an airline, but before doing that I will do the FI in order to gain hours, experience, and refresh the theoretical knowledge while looking for an airline job.

I'm not sure if the JOC is 100% necessary to get an airline job