PDA

View Full Version : Time to upgrade in Qatar

joker737
26th May 2015, 21:41
Hello all,

It'll be interesting to hear peoples experience on the upgrade time in Qatar..

How much experience do they require from their pilots to be considered for the initial upgrade process?

foswillruletheworld
26th May 2015, 22:31
That is what i am wondering too. What is the approximate upgrade time for different fleets and does your former flight hours change the time or is it just your seniority in the company that is being considered.
Would 2 pilots who join the company at the same time one having 1500 hours on 737 type and the other 3000 hours on the same type get their upgrade at the same time at type of 777?

Dking737
27th May 2015, 08:13
Hey guys I have done some speaking around and got a very mixed response on this matter. Some have said forget about getting command in QR as proper policies are not in place. And some have said that the command will come up fast for guys who have more hours on a jet type (737 time) at the time of joining. For example for being considered for command on 777 in QR you need to have total 6000hours and 3 years in the company. So my logic says if a guy who joins the company with 1500 on 737 and another guy with 3000 hours. So the pilot with 3000 hrs will reach the TT of 6000hrs faster and if there is a requirement for captains, the pilot with more experience will get a shot at command. But again this is something I have heard, I don't know what exactly is the command upgrade policy the company is following. The company is presently hiring DEC, that also can affect command upgrade prospects presently and in the future.

Oceanic815Pilot
28th May 2015, 18:42
My next door neighbor is just beginning his command upgrade on the 320 three years in. He had prior jet pic time.

Dking737
28th May 2015, 21:03
I understand that this gentleman is being considered for command in 3 years, but the ultimate question is did he have to wait in seniority for his command upgrade or there was a requirement for captains and he got upgraded out of turn.

casablanca
29th May 2015, 05:14
As far as I can see it is maybe seniority based, but they have a constant need and most of the Fo.s don't have minimums required so it goes out of seniority.
I have a friend who entered with minimums, and 2 years from final line check they have started doing initial testing and psa.

Dking737
29th May 2015, 05:27
Casablanca please check your inbox I have sent you a PM.