PDA

View Full Version : 2 Interview questions

PrivatePilotDA40NG
26th May 2015, 17:12
Hey everyone,

I have 2 questions I'm struggling to find a valid answer for. They may not be very hard but can't really find them.
(Jet aircraft)

1. 1eng INOP max range speed?
2. NADP2 ? I know that it is a 'replacement' for NADP1 and that it consists of reducing to climb thrust and retracting flaps but is there a given altitude to start clean-up? Some illustrations say 1500AGL, other say as soon as 400AGL?
3. Explain increased V2 procedure and how does this relate to obstacles.

Please have a go as I am looking for the answers

jan_kludkiewicz
26th May 2015, 17:44
ad 1. I guess that for turbojet aircraft thrust change according to airspeed can be disregarded. Thus, thrust available is reduced by thrust normally produced by inop. engine. Hence, speed for minimum drag Vmd is still an airspeed for maximum range.
ad 2. Firstly NADP2 is not a replacement, but a procedure intended to be executed when protecting noise sensitive areas that are located further away. The difference between NADP1 and 2 is the moment of flap retraction. In NADP1 the flaps are retracted not above 3000ft AGL (Thus may be lower). In NADP2 flaps are retracted simultaneously with thrust reduction at 800ft AGL.
ad 3. Increased V2 takeoff procedure allows us to extend ground roll on remaining distance of the runway when for example our t/o is climb limited but not field limited. Increased V2 has many advantages. Flaps are retracted faster because acceleration to Vzf takes less time. It results in increased climb gradient as well.

Flex330
26th May 2015, 20:50
Depending on type of A/C ....

Gpro
30th May 2015, 17:54
NADP 1 - Thrust reduction (N1) occurs at 1500' AGL, with speed increase and flap retraction above 3000' AGL

NADP 2 - Thrust reduction, speed increase and flap retraction occur at 1000' AGL

dirk85
31st May 2015, 19:47
In NADP 2 the thrust reduction and flap retraction is NOT BEFORE 800 ft, but could be higher. We use 1500 ft.

See ICAO doc 8168.