PDA

View Full Version : Pay Review is out...!

Mr Good Cat
25th May 2015, 09:33
Standby for incoming...!

:yuk:

helen-damnation
25th May 2015, 09:35
This could be interesting…… :ouch:

Tango77
25th May 2015, 09:37
Methinks very out of touch with employees feelings! An initial baby step really!!!!

Fred Garvin M.P.
25th May 2015, 09:38
Same ole shaft. 3% step. Reduction of productivity threshold by 4 hours.

Mr Good Cat
25th May 2015, 09:39
Same ole shaft. 3% step. Reduction of productivity threshold by 4 hours.

So no pay rise at all, and little more overtime.

Oh, and maybe an increase on the trainer rates ;)

Mr Good Cat
25th May 2015, 09:41
If the server for the Middle East forum manages to stay online this afternoon without melting down, I take my hats off to the tech guys :E

Mr Good Cat
25th May 2015, 09:41
If the server for the Middle East forum manages to stay online this afternoon without melting down, I take my hats off to the tech guys :E

But then I'll probably get reported to the uniform police :(

CaptainChipotle
25th May 2015, 09:42
And our fearless leaders took a month to come up with this wonderful gem.

That's a zero increase for an FO that's been here 4yrs (right?). I know a lot of guys that are waiting on the dugong to get the time and have been fo's for 7-8yrs.

Thanks for the reduction by a whopping 4hrs. Whew.

All I can say is "CAPTAIN!!! ICEBURG AHEAD!!"

Tango77
25th May 2015, 09:43
So out of touch these guys!!!!

johntrav69
25th May 2015, 09:56
??????????

johntrav69
25th May 2015, 09:56
I was lost for words!

Cloud Bunny
25th May 2015, 09:58
I'm actually insulted. I always take these things with a bit of a pinch of salt - but this year there is no justification for that kind of kick in the balls.
How dare he thank us and expect our continued support and hard work for the remainder of this year?! What a damn cheek - I'm going to stop writing as I'm likely to say something that will get me wound up in jail however I hope he/they get everything they deserve...and more.

Empire
25th May 2015, 09:58
Rarely post here, but this is beyond anything i ever expected.

"I saw that"

Shaky Hands
25th May 2015, 10:05
What an insult, they clearly don't have a clue. That pittance of an increase doesn't even cover the increase in my groceries shopping bill which seems to have increased about 25% in the last few years. Recruitment was already struggling now they will have an even bigger problem with retention.
This ship had already lost an engine with nobody on the rudder pedals now its in a deep stall. They are going to learn the Gulf Air way!
I never expected much but had held some hope, like most for an improvement.
My exit strategy just got a lot sooner. Total Arrogance

LOOP2STAND1
25th May 2015, 10:09
What a kick in the nuts!

haveago
25th May 2015, 10:11
I have run out of Vaseline!!!

LongRangeNav
25th May 2015, 10:19
I've never been so disgusted, truly never thought our glorious leaders could stoop so low! Time to treat them with the same respect they give us. :mad:

Dropp the Pilot
25th May 2015, 10:19
I just got off the phone with my financial advisor. He's absolutely gobsmacked with the company largesse and says that if we take the 290 dirham raise I got last year and factor in the marvelous 0 dirham raise I receive this year (backdated) it's possible that I can afford a Costa coffee each time I go to work.

What a thrill!

An Alan's personal thanks, too! I am humbled.

Rim-job
25th May 2015, 10:22
Unbelievable!!!! To say I'm extremely disappointed would be putting it mildly.

This years pay review is a complete disgrace!! The cost of living is growing but upwards of 10% a year and we get a measly 3% step with no pay rise. Wow. I'm speechless!!

They are in complete denial regarding the situation here and how bad it is getting. :ugh:

Guys are leaving... it's just a matter of time for me. This will only accelerate it for others on the bubble.

In the mean time... I guess I'll just press 2 if I have even an inkling of a sniffle. Going the extra mile is a thing of the past.

tinfish
25th May 2015, 10:23
They are happy with the staffing levels and the recruitment prospects. NOT AS MANY PILOTS ARE LEAVING as we have been led to believe on this forum.....SIMPLE!!
And we went through the SAME THING last year!
The fact that many captains have had no leave assigned for 13 months or more would suggest otherwise, very strange.

yardman
25th May 2015, 10:24
I'm speechless :ugh:

johntrav69
25th May 2015, 10:26
Its not the pilots who are leaving but the numbers that are planning to leave they should be worrying about. Not many skippers I know are not seriously looking at other places.

Macrohard
25th May 2015, 10:27
O/T threshold reduction will assist with swaps, NOT!

alwayzinit
25th May 2015, 10:27
TCAS isn't bothered one little bit, he retires this Nov with a prov fund in the 7 figure range USD or UKP.

So he is alright Jack!

The extra mile for many now will be to the door, without a backwards glance at the pit and the increasing number of aircraft undergoing "Maintenance" near Mirdif.

Mrs Alwayz was upbeat, back on the Farm for Sept 1st minus whatever outstanding leave I have in the bank.

Class man management "Pit Style"

Mr Good Cat
25th May 2015, 10:29
We didn't get the 3%.

It's spin. It's a contractual step which was par to the package when you joined.

We got nothing but a slight reduction in overtime.

The way that some people are interpreting this just shows how the company has managed to pull the wool over people's eyes for so long now.

fatbus
25th May 2015, 10:30
Recuitment will thrive with that announcement !

dashman20
25th May 2015, 10:30
Might as well start my new sick policy when down route...much more effective.
What a total ball ache!

Kapitanleutnant
25th May 2015, 10:40
AAR Laughing at us all the way to the bank!!

777-200LR
25th May 2015, 10:46
I wonder when this will sink in?! :ugh:

As pinfish mentioned, I am starting to believe the shortage numbers of guys/gals has been over exaggerated by us on this forum.

Kapitanleutnant
25th May 2015, 10:56
-200LR…

Wondering why few if any of us are getting 42 days leave vs just the 30 mandated by law….

There has to be a reason for that… and I still think it's manning issues, both cabin crew and pilots.

Kap

donpizmeov
25th May 2015, 11:10
Can't believe he could waste so much space in saying we are getting f@ck all.

Even more insulting to have to wait to be told. The only true words from him was to state the future would be challenging.

777-200LR
25th May 2015, 11:11
Kapitanleutnant - i don't disagree, the signs are clear but if its really true that aircraft are being "parked" and "we have 3 A380s sitting in Hamburg with no one to fly them", then we would have seen something similar to the 2007-2008 pay rise numbers. I still stand by we aren't as desperate as some say we are...at least for now anyway.

I'm sure you can read through the frustration. I was expecting something big, but I politley have had it with listening about our crewing issues.

Mr Good Cat
25th May 2015, 11:33
Can't believe he could waste so much space in saying we are getting f@ck all.

Even more insulting to have to wait to be told. The only true words from him was to state the future would be challenging.

Of course it could be challenging. His repatriation flight in November could he cancelled due to lack of crew. He may have to fly with BA :eek:

kingpost
25th May 2015, 11:33
Come on guys, what were you expecting!!

Give them a step increase and let's see what happens! I bet there's a war chest ready in waiting!!

Wordsworth
25th May 2015, 11:38
Not that it really matters in the big scheme of things, but does anyone know if our cabin crew colleagues have received anything yet? Engineers?Dispatchers, ground staff etc?

Does anyone have accurate increases for our friends to the south or North?

Just wondering?

Over and Out

puff m'call
25th May 2015, 11:48
Insult and a joke it's as simple as that.

Open the HR page on the portal and read what HH says:

"I'm counting on you dedication and teamwork for next year"

Well he can stick that where sand doesn't blow, I won't be here!!!!!.

SOPS
25th May 2015, 11:54
I'm shocked, I thought you would get at least the step plus 10%. They really have no idea of the problem they have.

airbusgirl66
25th May 2015, 12:13
So the 330/340 fleet that has the most duty hours (yet usually the least flight hours), least days off, and all the $hit flights will get screwed just a little bit harder. Unbelievable. :\

thrustidle74
25th May 2015, 12:14
To me it's another pay cut. The step increase is for our seniority. Here is the link for the official infilation rate in UAE.

United Arab Emirates Inflation Rate Forecast (http://www.tradingeconomics.com/united-arab-emirates/inflation-cpi/forecast)

And that's from the government. We all know that it's biased from our bills.
Re reduction in overtime threshold, it's not something given to us, it's a fraction of what has been stolen from us years back.

I'm not venting, angry or frustrated anymore. I'm just giving the facts. I wasn't expecting much and I was right.

I'm still sending out applications....only if I had a better passport I'd be gone by now. I'm one of those who is stuck and that's what they are counting on.

TI74

Payscale
25th May 2015, 12:19
My guess is there has been a change of policy. I would not be surprised if we in the next month will welcome new colleagues who have never flown a jet.

All that will do is put more pressure on the training dept. The logic probably being "if they can do it with cadets, they can do it with turboprop pilots".

By opening this segment there will be no shortage.

Maybe...maybe not.

Otherwise its bold move, borderlining cocky, to only give the 3% in the second best year.

How is the saying. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. I dont think I shall buy into the extra mile rhetoric again..

Saltaire
25th May 2015, 13:01
We have the lowest overtime / productivity rates in the free world. Why not reduce the productivity threshold down slightly? They can work about the same hours and we pay them slightly more for killing themselves. Great idea. Sign it off.

What a spectacular disappointment.

No real pay increase for 3 years and counting…..

CAT3A
25th May 2015, 13:10
It's sad really......very disappointed.

Nobody will want to joint us and am not prepare to keep flying like this anymore.

Enough

nakbin330
25th May 2015, 13:13
As somebody else has pointed out, we're obviously not as short as we think we are.

I'm 300 or so above mid-seniority, and have moved up approx 80 places since January 2014. To me, slightly more than 6 captains a month is a lot, but maybe not in the big scheme of things.

Take a minute or two to look at those guys who are on reserve this month. If they were flying maximum hours then this would indicate a shortage, but they're not. I have no idea about open flying but on a day to day perusal, there are always between 40 and 60 captains on reserve, and a lot of them have only done a couple to trips to date.

In five years as a captain I've averaged 835 block hours per year. My block time has been pretty much the same since I started as a captain. I am busier because as the 380 takes more and more of the ULR flying, my hours are kept up by turn arounds, hence the reduction in off days.

It's the FOs who are now feeling the pinch and are doing most of the chirping here and in the cockpit. Ask any FO who has upgraded in the last year or so and he'll confirm that he no longer has the same lifestyle that he once had. We've always been short of captains, and only recently have we become short of FOs.

I believe the company is calling our collective bluff. They hear endless threats of resignations but they never fully materialise. So they decide to honour our contract with a step then sit back and observe. If pilots leave en masse there may be another pay review and, if not, management will get a another pat on the back for reading the situation correctly.

Blue side up.

General Dogsbody
25th May 2015, 13:21
The productivity threshold is a Red Herring, the new restoring system May be far better at optimising. So ten months of 85-88Hrs and two months for leave, sim, ground school etc, pilots fly 850-880 hrs and no overtime will be paid.

Simple really :ugh:

Kernow 101
25th May 2015, 13:22
I believe the company is calling our collective bluff. They hear endless threats of resignations but they never fully materialise. So they decide to honour our contract with a step then sit back and observe. If pilots leave en masse there may be another pay review and, if not, management will get a another pat on the back for reading the situation correctly.

I agree...:ouch:.....so lets see

Panther 88
25th May 2015, 13:27
Relax guys. By giving us squat, they are reducing their costs against the stated profit goal for next year. So they really are doing us a great favour. You see our profit share next year will br HUGE because of no pay raise. They're investing in our future, thank you. My prediction for next year is 24 weeks. They are so generous. :ok:

motley flight crue
25th May 2015, 13:29
Panther my prediction for next year is a light blue 777

BigGeordie
25th May 2015, 13:55
It is not just about recruitment and retention, it is also about motivating the 4,500 pilots you already have to put a bit of extra effort in when required. 4,500 de-motivated and upset employees can do a lot of damage to the bottom line when the chips are down and they start saying, "No."

Having said that, why would anybody join a company where you know the terms and conditions will never be any better than they are on the day you arrive?

emratty
25th May 2015, 14:03
I am shocked by this they have made it quite clear how much they value us. It also makes swapping even harder with the productivity rules. Emirates will reap what they sow.

Ana_Cleto
25th May 2015, 14:05
This....

One-third of MAS staff to lose jobs in matter of days, says report - The Malaysian Insider (http://www.themalaysianinsider.com/malaysia/article/one-third-of-mas-staff-to-lose-jobs-in-matter-of-days-says-report)

...may have helped

Neptune Spear
25th May 2015, 14:10
I knew Emirates was not above board but this is ridiculous and insulating.
Without question I made the right decision in leaving this sinking ship.

MosEisley
25th May 2015, 14:21
Some of you really amaze me, 3 hours ago you got totally shafted and you are already trying to give the company credit for being smart. You are part the problem and Alan's wet dream of a pilot. This is nothing more than greed, apathy and total lack of competence. The iceberg has been sighted, but it's too late to turn.

break dancer
25th May 2015, 14:30
As has already been suggested, swapping is even more difficult now - impossible is not an exaggeration.....

Have just fired off an email to Capt. Alsford.

How many others here on pprune have done the same?

Things won't change unless the company sees a tangible reaction to what they implement.

That's all - off to drown my sorrows now.

SOPS
25th May 2015, 14:37
And as I write this, I know the haters will come. I am shocked at the pay review, I was expecting step plus 10% at least.

I am at the moment 400 ks south of Perth, on a farm established in 1896. The company is good, the wine is good, the fire is hot and keeping us warm.

There is a life outside, it just if you can do it or not.

Boeingrestricted
25th May 2015, 14:41
It was all within my expectations. Nothing extraordinary occurred.
As a reminder, last year there was this survey as you will recall.
Here is what I wrote regarding the survey, on foremost the , why.

Hate to wake you guys up, but there is no such thing as one of the above is being conducted in order to improve 'things' for the employee (working donkey/taxpayer etc. etc.) Its being conducted in order to make the whole system a little more leaner and meaner, without disturbing the status quo. In plain language as George Carlin would express this situation ' To jam the #@#$ a little bit deeper up your @rs#s' and it will be done with your consent, because their will be no real choices offered except the presented ones. A real solution will be undermined at ALL cost (= collateral damage)

With the survey (knowledge of what to expect from the behavior of the sheep)
They set out the war strategy and this is the execution of the above.

Result = 0 %
:rolleyes:

ekwhistleblower
25th May 2015, 14:59
Mos, the 5 stages of grief all in 3 pages:

Denial — One of the first reactions is Denial, wherein the survivor imagines a false, preferable reality.

Anger — When the individual recognizes that denial cannot continue, it becomes frustrated, especially at proximate individuals. Certain psychological responses of a person undergoing this phase would be: "Why me? It's not fair!"; "How can this happen to me?"; '"Who is to blame?"

Bargaining — The third stage involves the hope that the individual can avoid a cause of grief. Usually, the negotiation for an extended life is made with a higher power in exchange for a reformed lifestyle. Other times, they will use anything valuable against another human agency to extend or prolong the life. People facing less serious trauma can bargain or seek compromise.

Depression — "I'm so sad, why bother with anything?"; "I'm going to die soon so what's the point?"; "I miss my loved one, why go on?"
During the fourth stage, the individual becomes saddened by the certainty of death. In this state, the individual may become silent, refuse visitors and spend much of the time mournful and sullen.

Acceptance — "It's going to be okay."; "I can't fight it, I may as well prepare for it."
In this last stage, individuals embrace TCAS and the management which typically comes with a calm, retrospective view for the individual, and a stable condition of emotions.

Works quite well really!

fatbus
25th May 2015, 15:03
Remember EK cares less about you and your QOL

foswillruletheworld
25th May 2015, 15:10
Well Saltaire i am flying a 737 right now. After 85 hours i get paid 28 euros per hour so think again before saying something about Ek having the least productivity pay rate lol.
80% of the legs i fly is approximately 1.5 hour and i need to fly my butt off even to get to the treshold of 85 hours. It takes like 40-50 legs to get there and believe me 737 is a hell aircraft nothing like 777 nor 330.

cucuotto
25th May 2015, 15:13
Why instead of whining here don't you grow a pair of balls and do something about it. It blows my mind the fact that just by putting together a sufficient number you could halt the company. What the will do..fire you all? Have you all arrested? Grow a pair instead of buying ******* Iphones or enjoy your hyper capitalistic "freedom" and just shut up.:ugh:

sluggums
25th May 2015, 15:42
The man has a point...

Press 2 and enjoy an extra day with your family/friends...

CaptainChipotle
25th May 2015, 15:49
FOsRuleTheWorld.

how much of your flying is during the day? In willing to bet most if not ALL.

99% of layovers at EK will cause your body clock confusion. Ultra Long Haul flying? Night turn arounds to India? time zone changes? It's a different beast. Be careful what you wish for. You'll be right where most of us are one day. We do long haul flying with short haul style rosters and it's not sustainable.

MosEisley
25th May 2015, 16:37
nevermind...

foswillruletheworld
25th May 2015, 16:57
CaptainChipotle
I don't know what we are discussing here. ı didn't say anything about the fatique nor about the lifestyle you have. The thing i am talking about is the overtime payment rate and that's all i am talking about.

120feet
25th May 2015, 17:17
What he is saying is the 330 guys work much harder than you do and also never see overtime!
All this did was widen the gap of inequality even further between fleets. Also I fail to see how a 3-5% increase in school pay is going to cover the 10-12% increase in school fees. You all took a pay cut. Again.:ouch: Greed has taken over. I can remember when everyone was making money and everyone was happy at EK. It was not so long ago. Things will not ever change for the better with AAR there. Sorry guys, you deserve much better.

Moony123
25th May 2015, 17:55
Not that it really matters in the big scheme of things, but does anyone know if our cabin crew colleagues have received anything yet? Engineers?Dispatchers, ground staff etc?

Does anyone have accurate increases for our friends to the south or North?

Just wondering?

Over and Out

Well just so you guys know you aren't the only ones - Your friends to the South-west haven't had a single increase (besides the 2% step each year) in at least the past 4-5 years. The only increase has been a small adjustment to the education allowance.

Seems everyone is getting shafted!

fliion
25th May 2015, 17:58
A thought - Talking to some buds in the US - word is the Jeppesen rostering is very powerful and capable as an employers tool.

CUE the conversation between Fleet & Jeppesen went something like this.

FLEET - "If we de-stick ULR operating bunk time, spread out the ground duties, sim, vacay etc. What's your system capable of doing re hours?"

JEPP - "the CRS is decrepit, ironing out the inefficiencies is low hanging fruit and tactically placing Cargo DH time in equation, working with your current pilot numbers - we reckon the bingo number on a 31 day month is....guess? (Big smile)"

FLEET - "Oh you tease! - go on!"

JEPP - "88!

f.
(Too incredulous to even comment on the 0.0%)

allaru
25th May 2015, 18:01
"80% of the legs i fly is approximately 1.5 hour and i need to fly my butt off even to get to the treshold of 85 hours. It takes like 40-50 legs to get there and believe me 737 is a hell aircraft nothing like 777 nor 330...blah blah blah"

....and how many wide body hours do you have on B777, or A330 with EK......don't comment on stuff you know nothing about.

johntrav69
25th May 2015, 18:53
Lets get this clear.light blue

ICN-HKG 1945-2230
HKG-ICN 0045-0525

sound familiar? Double crew!!

9+2 days off and additional day travelling if required in 3 days allowed. All up for AU 12 days off with 2 days travel = 17 days work max normally 80 hrs tops. Heavy crews on most sectors. Almost guaranteed days off except for chinese new year and Korean holiday in october and possible discussion at xmas. Fo's do hardly any flying and love the radio from 10,000'+ exceptional maintenance. ( 1 MEL in 2.5 yrs) sim done by Alteon Boeing guys. Very nice. Layovers in US almost always 48hrs+, 5star hotel in ICN, guaranteed business seat home at no cost every month. 13K+ and per diems on top. Disclaimer: No newspapers and no controlled rest

GoreTex
25th May 2015, 19:11
now it will be impossible to swap flights, well played TCAS!

AndTheShowIsOver
26th May 2015, 00:13
I'm just happy they didn't REDUCE our pay by 3%!!! Come on U.S. legacy carriers, CALL ME...I'm ready to come home!!!

JAARule
26th May 2015, 02:59
At least TCK had the hide to present a bullsh!t story to us to "explain" the Cost Neutral Pay adjustment back in early 2000s as opposed to TCAS's blunt message.

Those worried about greater difficulties in swapping trips should relax because these numbers will simply become the new targets. Dependent on fleet, many have been doing 86-88 hours most 30/31 months lately, the new targets won't make much difference. They're not in the habit of giving away anything (like overtime payments) to us for no reason. They obviously expect to pay nothing extra.

What will make a difference is the new swap rules when the new system comes online.

Bring back TCK, he may've been a TC but at least he was so dumb it wasn't as insulting.

donpizmeov
26th May 2015, 04:11
Rumour has it cabin crew now have schooling allowance, and a Aed10 per hour increase in their flight pay. No increase in their basic.

Instant Hooligan
26th May 2015, 04:18
Pursers will get schooling allowance and 7aed/hour , GR2's nothing

777-200LR
26th May 2015, 05:27
How dare anyone bring up cabin crew and what pay review they got. Where's your self respect! I'm sure they would love it if you went to trade in your 4 bars for a red polo shirt worth a basic salary of aed4,400...No wonder the boys haven't got an ounce of respect for us

Instant Hooligan
26th May 2015, 06:06
777 maybe you should stop jumping to conclusions. I think what the company gave to the CC is also a disgrace and goes to show relevance to the utter lack of value this company gives to its most valuable assets.

Rim-job
26th May 2015, 06:14
Gents,

I must have glanced over this part yesterday as I was absolutely dumbfounded and flabbergasted due to the fact we received a 0% increase.

But can anyone explain to me what sub part 4 means? It mentions an "Increase to Appointment Allowance". I know it most likely does't apply to me but wtf does it mean? Unless maybe we get allowances now for any appt.'s, possibly even sick call appt.'s. ;)

Can someone explain this to me in "symplistic", understandable english? I'm at my limit in terms of trying to deciphering his emails.

three eighty
26th May 2015, 06:18
Training allowance, management allowance etc

Mr Good Cat
26th May 2015, 06:26
Gents,

I must have glanced over this part yesterday as I was absolutely dumbfounded and flabbergasted due to the fact we received a 0% increase.

But can anyone explain to me what sub part 4 means? It mentions an "Increase to Appointment Allowance". I know it most likely does't apply to me but wtf does it mean? Unless maybe we get allowances now for any appt.'s, possibly even sick call appt.'s. ;)

Can someone explain this to me in "symplistic", understandable english? I'm at my limit in terms of trying to deciphering his emails.

Nice try :ok:

Alas no, it's for line pilots appointed special positions i.e. 'trainers', 'deputy assistants to the assistant deputy of assistant deputies' etc etc

Their salary is the basic Capt's salary, plus a separate appointed position allowance and transport allowance etc. That separate allowance will increase.

halas
26th May 2015, 06:38
Other departments in the "castle" got an average 5% increase dependant on performance. Low performance 3%, high performance 7% and of course neither over nor under achieving gets 5%

It appears as though we are, collectively, low performers in the big scheme of things.

They could argue that 9 week profit share is the equivalent of a 16.6% pay rise. But everyone gets that. Or do they?
VP's get minimum 3 times that and SVP's get 6 times as much as a bonus on top of the profit share.

Some animals are more equal than others.

halas

Rim-job
26th May 2015, 06:38
Ahhhhh... I see.

Well in that case, I guess I better hang up... as I've been on hold with Medical + Dental for the last 10 mins. Was gonna try and book as many "appointments" as I could to offset the 0%. For a second or two I bit excited thinking about this additional "appointment" allowance.

Silly me.... wtf was I thinking. :E

777-200LR
26th May 2015, 06:39
Hooligan

I am yet to fly with a CC who weren't overjoyed by the 9 week bonus, unlike us day off stealing overpaid and under worked pilots. You don't have to defend anyone to make your point. I'll remind you of the hard work you put into your career and what it cost you to become a pilot in the first place. CC wouldn't lose sleep if you got 3% or not

Schnowzer
26th May 2015, 06:54
It never ceases to amaze me how people start to compare their lot with others. The LC 737 driver in Europe against a 777, forgetting that most of the 777 boys have flown the dirty old 73 and many have sat in exactly the same seat!

Then it runs to, what did the boys get in Mongolia? What about Mars? What about the cabin crew? Jealousy leads to a race to the bottom until market forces drive a change. Following the logic; he used to stock shelves but now flies, why pay him any more than the stacker?

It's called a career. When you are an employee you are paid more as you gain seniority and experience. Increases are sometimes given to match inflation but employers will only pay top dollar to fill seats as the company starts to go over the precipice and not before.

It doesn't matter how close you get until Senior Management have irrefutable evidence that they have screwed the pooch they will keep on trucking. Reducing experience will seem like a panacea but will just increase training and wastage.

This Jeppessen system will fail just as all others have due to
GIGO and overtime will rise unless we get bums on seats.

Welcome to the Pleasuredome boys and girls!

falconeasydriver
26th May 2015, 07:09
Only a few weeks left :ugh: HR given in no uncertain terms my opinion of the direction, the culture, and the eventual outcome of the current greed based policies.
Funnily enough "we know" was used several times.

Schnowzer
26th May 2015, 07:11
I am yet to fly with a CC who weren't overjoyed by the 9 week bonus

I have but some are easily pleased! But what has the profit share got to do with the pay rise?

The only thing I can think is how the size of the "entire" package is always quoted when advertising for jobs but pay in "weeks" for the profit share.

Of course they should be delighted with the 9 "weeks" shame it is "weeks basic", for the average Grade 1 it must work out at less than 3 weeks of their actual pay packet!

Thankfully pilots do slightly better and mine will equate to about 5 "weeks" so about 9%!

Yippee.........!

bigdaviet
26th May 2015, 08:07
I think we should be concerned about the cabin crew. Not because we want to compare but simply because we are all part of the same team at the end of the day.

And for what its worth I have yet to speak to CC who are happy with the 9 weeks.

Am NOT Sure
26th May 2015, 08:54
Reality checklist please:

First of all really didn't think you took the attrtition rate or ( everyone is planning to leave ) too seriously ...

Nobody is joining .. The recruiter can't find the number the courses are being cancelled and the aircrafts are parked ...

Let me share first hand experience:

Pilots are applying .. In decent numbers too .. Chiefly low cost pilots

They didn't lie when they said as long as Ryanair and easy jet are supplying we are fine

The (ONLY) thing that has changed is the preference many people had when it came to joining the ME3

I had never heard of a pilot expressing more interest in Qatar ( I mean really..) than Ek

The unmentioned has become the first choice and Ek has become the last resort for many who do some research before they are taunted by (THE BRAND)

now until more pilots realise what they would be getting into when making EK their first choice ... Nothing is gonna change

Next salary review will be to our advantage ... If you manage to keep our medical valid till the.

Emma Royds
26th May 2015, 09:05
And for what its worth I have yet to speak to CC who are happy with the 9 weeks.

The purser on my last flight was from the sub-continent and he seemed happy. Although we would all like more but he certainly wasn't complaining.

It's all relative at the end of the day.

bia botal
26th May 2015, 10:47
Pilots are applying .. In decent numbers too .. Chiefly low cost pilots

They didn't lie when they said as long as Ryanair and easy jet are supplying we are fine

The (ONLY) thing that has changed is the preference many people had when it came to joining the ME3 .

Was at the clinic this morning, asked the doctor about new entries and was told that there is a steady stream of "new suits" seen daily! But also a steady flow of current pilots renewing there medicals prior to exiting!??

120feet
26th May 2015, 11:27
I was at EGHQ Coasta chatting to friend who works there. A group of 10-12 pilot interviewees some with wives were being escorted around. I believe they are getting the number of interviewees they need, but are just having to work much harder to get them. Whether or not that's the case, right is right. 0% cost of living increase almost year over year since 2008 is pathetic, and wrong. Everyone knows it, including them. They are not interested in "One of the ten best places to work." They are not interested in their people, and they are so far removed from the flight deck, you are more of an annoyance than an employee. According to my friend he his wife and 3 kids budgeted 3,000 dhs. a month in 2007 to cover food, gas, et al for their family. He says now it's over 10K. (I know you will all have different numbers, that's not the point.) He also says his job is twice the work it was 8 years ago. His claim was his realized take home pay was never higher than his first year at EK. This is something new joiners need to hear. YOU WILL NEVER TAKE HOME MORE THAN YOUR FIRST YEAR AT EK. It will swiftly and slowly erode.

trimotor
26th May 2015, 12:53
Swiftly and slowly!

SOPS
26th May 2015, 13:31
Very very true 120.

Lord Spandex Masher
26th May 2015, 13:42
Let me get this right - you're becoming low cost long haul?

Mr Good Cat
26th May 2015, 14:28
Let me get this right - you're becoming low cost long haul?

It's just a little bit better than Euro low-cost airlines. The pay is far more, but that has to be your only goal in life to enjoy it out here...

120feet
26th May 2015, 17:21
Yes Tri-Swiftly and slowly!

I did mean both. It's happening baby steps and leaps. Also, when the bully steals your football and then gives it back to you a few months later, you have gained nothing only lost the use of the football during that time. Much like your productivity threshold being sorta given back to you. It was already stolen.

donpizmeov
26th May 2015, 17:32
It is still stolen. The basic is still based on 78hrs. Still Aed 6000 per month stolen from Capts.

120feet
26th May 2015, 18:08
That's why I said sorta.

jack schidt
26th May 2015, 18:33
And to think all we do for our money is nada...........

Here is a day in the office today (just now) that could be any of us...
Singapore Airlines Airbus A330-300 flight ‪#‎SQ836‬ on May 23 lost power on both engines south-east of Hong Kong and started to descend. The flight lost about 13,000 feet before crew managed to restore power on both engines. Between 12.46 and 13.11 UTC no ADS-B data was picked up from flight #SQ836.

S?pore to Shanghai SQ836 flight landed safely after experiencing temporary loss of power to both engines mid-air | Mothership.SG (http://mothership.sg/2015/05/spore-to-shanghai-sq836-flight-landed-safely-after-experiencing-temporary-loss-of-power-to-both-engines-mid-air/)

CaptainProp
27th May 2015, 12:57
Been reading about the sorry state of EK for years now and was always amazed how many people were still joining every year. Now we're reading about yet another blow to the employees. Despite this nowhere near enough of you guys and gals will put your money where your mouth is and so the downward spiral continues.

CP

Neptune Spear
27th May 2015, 14:30
Captn I hear what you are saying and there is a little bit of truth to your statement. There is a trickle of EK pilots that have pulled the plug as there are plenty of options now for everyone. Not enough to make a difference but that will probably change in the months ahead.
Just a few of Emirates pilots are truly happy. Most are resigned to the sad state of affairs that is EK today and won't do anything about it for whatever reason but some are doing something about it. A lot of these pilots I described lastly have their applications out and will do anything to get out. A tiny minority have even left without a job. That is telling, they are saying that their health, well being and happiness is more important than anything including what Emirates can offer.
I wonder how much more than Emirates pilot group can tolerate? We all know it is,going to get worse but most will stay. Thank God for the majors. There is hope for a life!

Kammel
28th May 2015, 05:07
Thank you for my 0% increase! What is inflation running at now? Judging by the price of groceries it is around 10%.

I am actively looking at other options now, I prefer "Quality of life" over money and artificial crap.

You can have your dust and 45 degrees, cheerio :mad:

quinnybuzz
28th May 2015, 06:10
Can anyone please tell me the new school fee allowance for primary and secondary at Grade 9? Also, are the transportation and stationary covered?
Thank you

120feet
28th May 2015, 12:29
The 10% you quote has been going on year after year. The government even reports the figures annually. It is almost always double digit. If not very close. Meaning after 3 years your cost of living will have gone up 32%. This is my point to new hires. EK will not magically change its stance from the past 8 years. Also the transport allowance was stolen 3 years ago. The education allowance increase never covers the actual increase. So every year more and more of your paycheck goes there. I know of one pilot who puts 2 months of his pay into schooling costs alone. I think for most it's about 2-3 weeks, but that is still a 5-7% pay cut. And your contribution will also only increase year on year. Boiling the frog. These are a few, very few, of the reasons your pay will be slowly and quickly deminished year over year. It has been this way for almost a decade. It will not change. IMHO. I politely stand to be corrected.

SOPS
28th May 2015, 12:40
Is stationary covered? You are kidding, right?

quinnybuzz
2nd Jun 2015, 11:51
No, just asking. By stationary I meant text books. But I need to know the allowance for schooling for secondary and primary both as I am applying for a position in Dnata (Grade 9).

ozziekiwi
2nd Jun 2015, 12:31
Stationary ?? what has stopped ??

Don't you mean Stationery for textbooks ???:(

quinnybuzz
2nd Jun 2015, 12:58
No I meant the "Textbooks".
So what IS the school fee allowance at Grade 9? Does it cover only tuition fee or transport also (school bus)?
Thanks

sheiken around
2nd Jun 2015, 19:34
Hey Quinny ...

Just a thought, and this isn't meant to be argumentative or aggressive...

You're asking anonymous people on an internet forum for info. on schooling allowances etc regarding a contract you're considering signing up for.

My question simply is, isn't this all being answered for you by the amazing HR people of Dnata/EK? Surely the efficiency of such dynamic companies like these should be able to answer these simple contract/renumeration related questions?

Or....are you attempting to solicit the "facts" from guys/gals who have been in the fold of the Emirates Group for some time...and therefore have most probably been "affected" by their lack of transparency?

If the latter is the case.....Caveat Emptor

Best of luck with your decision.

quinnybuzz
3rd Jun 2015, 06:16
I was informed by the HR that the allowance for primary kids is AED 40,000/y AED AED 60,000/y for secondary. However I came to know from a friend that there has been a recent pay review and it has now been increased to AED 76,000/y for both primary and secondary. When I asked my HR coordinator, she was very vague about it and neither confirmed nor denied it, hence I asked on this forum.
and I haven't signed the contract yet, still negotiating the base pay.

donpizmeov
3rd Jun 2015, 06:23
That would be more than what flight deck get paid as an allowance. So you may want to recheck those numbers.

Stone_cold
3rd Jun 2015, 07:01
Might be prudent to note that Q is negotiating his salary and from that stand point seems way ahead of the Pilot body , instead of apparently assuming that Pilots have a more generous allowance .
Never really gave much credence to "grade " nomenclature , however he mentioned grade 9 , is it comparable to pilot grade ? Higher , lower or same,same ?

donpizmeov
3rd Jun 2015, 07:09
Stone,

Pilots do have a higher allowance for housing and education than a grade 9.

quinnybuzz
3rd Jun 2015, 08:25
Apologies for the confusion. It is a commercial role in Emirates Holidays, Managerial Grade 9.

Stone_cold
3rd Jun 2015, 11:46
Noted Don .

Mr Good Cat
3rd Jun 2015, 12:49
When I asked my HR coordinator, she was very vague about it and neither confirmed nor denied it, hence I asked on this forum.

If ever there was prophecy for a Company...

SOPS
3rd Jun 2015, 13:07
Your HR coordinator was vague? Are you getting the hint yet?

Neptune Spear
3rd Jun 2015, 14:52
My HR coordinator was vague as well when I asked how many pilots have resigned this year or since the (lack of) Bonus. She would not give me a #. I asked if she knew the number and she said yes so she was obviously instructed under penalty of death or being shipped back not to give out any information.