PDA

View Full Version : A320 FMGC point insert

gerzson6
22nd May 2015, 10:29
Hi all,

I would like to ask you, that if you know any method that you could insert a pseudo point into the FMGC from your present position? I know that you can create point on P/B/D and PB/PB etc, but that's from another navigational point. I'm asking about the present position, because the other day, we got a clearance saying "descend to FLxxx and reach in 50nm". And also I know, you can put it like your distance to next waypoint minus the distance and insert it in the above mentioned way.

thanks.

The bird
22nd May 2015, 10:41
Mm the only way I can think of is by going to your position page. Freeze the coordinates and then write them down and make a new pbd by using the coordinates.

vilas
22nd May 2015, 11:44
There is no need for a WPT. The PERF descent page will show in how many miles you will reach FCU F/L. Then you adjust your ROD accordingly.

The bird
22nd May 2015, 13:33
Yes well than just select V/S -...... and put the descent arrow at 50 nm range. But that was not really the question.

OPEN DES
22nd May 2015, 14:19
Distance to the to-wpt minus the milage??

gerzson6
22nd May 2015, 21:51
Thank you for the answers, appreciate all of them. I came up with the same to go wpt-mileage solution, but I wanted to know if you could enter a pseudo waypoint especially, with your PPOS as reference.

vilas
24th May 2015, 02:42
gerzson6
It is good to know the FMS functions but when ATC asks you to do something you need to comply with it in a functional way. There will be no time to create another method and to ensure that it is also correct. FMGS PERF gives you enough info about your climb and descent profile to do the needful. pseudo way points are not created by pilot but are created by FMS as information about the profile aircraft will follow depending on variable factors like wind, temp, weight etc.

Togue
24th May 2015, 14:37
watch?v=pN41LvuSz10

Spot on Vilas!

gerzson6,

This video is worth watching. Pay attention at 3:38

gerzson6
24th May 2015, 17:39
I've seen this video, it was a rhetorical question, obviously I'm not going to spend 3 minutes with creating a point based on coordinates, and anything like that, I was just curious. Thanks anyway.

FlightDetent
24th May 2015, 23:16
Szia,

I think it may be possible to make P-D waypoint from the active one. I.e. 76 NM to go, insert XXXX/-26 to LSK 2L. But maybe different FMS and different SW versions could behave their own way.