PDA

View Full Version : Airline not giving me an answer...

Allioth
15th May 2015, 11:44
Hi everyone,

I've recently had an interview with a private charter here in the UK (last Wednesday).

They told me they would give me an answer "soon"... How long should I wait before calling them?

I'm afraid that by calling them they could get annoyed and reject me because of that!

Any suggestions?
Thanks!

AMS
15th May 2015, 12:26
It would only be reasonable to give someone at least 1 - 2 weeks before chasing. So that I suggest you drop them an e-mail on Weds if you have not heard anything.

Best of luck

BittenEdges
15th May 2015, 12:49
I agree with AMS. I'd give it until next Wednesday before doing anything even though it's tempting to chase in the meanwhile.

The good news is that it's a Friday today and in my experience of working on an interview panel at my previous job we usually gave the news at the end of the week. Not entirely sure why but I seem to recall hearing from my current airline on a Friday after a 2 week wait.

If nothing comes though just try and have a relaxing weekend. Go for walks, see a movie etc and try to take your mind away from it. Then email Wednesday if nothing. Really very best of luck.

Allioth
15th May 2015, 12:52
Thanks guys...

It seams reasonable... On the other side I've got my wife pressing me because she'd like to make plans and she can't until we get an answer...

But yes, I understand and agree with you both... Better to wait.

PURPLE PITOT
15th May 2015, 15:01
If you are going into charter ops you are going to have problems with that wife! Best brief her on how this industry works.

Good luck.

Allioth
15th May 2015, 16:21
Hahaha!! Yeah absolutely!

Well, she's been warned about the instability of rotas, hours, etc... She is just impatient with the answer, as depending on that e would have to start thinking about selling the house, finding new school for our daughter, saying no to new customers she couldn't commit to (private maternity nurse)... So I understand her point, but anyway, worst case scenario would be to wait only for another week or two...

Thanks guys, really appreciate it :)

AMS
15th May 2015, 21:06
Purple - liking that comment

Sadly as a pilot you are at a mercy with the employers...

good luck - I wish someone would give me a :mad: break! :}