PDA

View Full Version : EK : layovers in India ?

Desdihold
9th May 2015, 18:07
Does anyone have info on indian layovers to replace long turnaround flights to India ?

donpizmeov
9th May 2015, 18:51
TRV and Madras are the rumours.

irish777
9th May 2015, 19:41
Not a rumour, confirmed in bidassist for June.

White Knight
10th May 2015, 01:01
Probably though with a DOH, BAH or MCT style turnaround before or after said layover...

LHR Rain
10th May 2015, 04:50
So they are going to try and act like a real airline? Wow
Now if we can only get treated like a real airline. Paid like one too will help.

GoreTex
10th May 2015, 06:54
a layover in india would be great, as long its on the 777

Rogerwilko
10th May 2015, 19:37
Purely a result of the WSJ article, the GCAA has said The Airline that can not be named lays over, so must you, as you operating the pairing unlawfully. Coincides nicely with the withdrawal of the briefing timeline demonstrating the above.

Expect the OMA to change a long time in the future when it's blown over for loss of face.

For all the TC's bluster at the Annual Results, he knows he's broken a lot of the rules by playing fast and loose with safety and regulatory compliance. He also knows they have pissed off the staff so much they are talking to the papers and the other regulatory bodies. Reaction, too little, too late in my opinion from a management so arrogant they think they can run rough shod over the worlds norms.

The Chickens are coming home to roost, it's sad it had to go that far and the airline has been acting internally like its at the point of chapter 11

Modesh
10th May 2015, 21:12
MLE??? X2
YYZ 3 crew???

kumul1
11th May 2015, 03:22
The airline that cannot be named operates an A320 on those routes and sometimes multi-sector, hence the layover.

fatbus
11th May 2015, 04:12
EK pilots ( childeren) complain about anything. Complain about long night turns change to a layover and still complaining. They also come up with some very entertaining theories about almost everything EK. ( CI400 omg the sky is falling)
Keep it up guys management love it.

vfenext
11th May 2015, 05:38
The rumour about the NEW 15 and 17hr layover in SEZ really made me laugh. It's been that way for the last 5 years. Keep going guys and remember " never let the truth get in the way of a good story".

White Knight
11th May 2015, 09:35
5 years? Try a few years longer than that... I'll pull the logbook entries out if I have to!

TIMINGandLUCK
11th May 2015, 10:45
Actually the SEZ layover now 12:45 layover instead of 15 hours so technically as of May it was new. It is in fact the worst trip we have arriving at the hotel not before 8am and the wakeup call is 6pm. I kid you not!

glofish
11th May 2015, 13:44
No complaints about that.
It's an improvement :ok: and i don't really care why it's implemented.
I take any little improvement.

cerbus
11th May 2015, 14:50
Vfe has signed up for the new SEZ layovers. He loves everything EK.

vfenext
12th May 2015, 10:46
Never signed up for them (whatever that means) but did more than my fair share. Definitely don't love everything EK but if I did I wouldn't be apologising to you for it.

Mr Angry from Purley
12th May 2015, 17:47
Actually the SEZ layover now 12:45 layover instead of 15 hours so technically as of May it was new. It is in fact the worst trip we have arriving at the hotel not before 8am and the wakeup call is 6pm. I kid you not!

Am I missing something here a 5 hour flight and what's the difference between a 12.45hr and 15.00hr layover - well possibly the chance of a sleep to a sleep and a nap i guess.
For 12.45hrs Science says stay awake as long as you can and sleep right up to wake up call.

alwayzinit
13th May 2015, 20:09
"For 12.45hrs Science says stay awake as long as you can and sleep right up to wake up call."
That is a great theory if ones body clock wasn't so out of whack!

Honestly I couldn't tell you if I'm fatigued as have been feeling like crap for so long, on so many different time zones. Deep night out, day flight back, only one sleepish, then one day off, followed by day flight to night. :ugh:

SOPS
13th May 2015, 23:50
An can I say alwayzinit, having not flown now for nearly 8 weeks, I did not realise how out of whack my body clock was. It is amazing how much better I feel.

It has made me realise that the whole 92 hours plus a month and other rostering issues a time bomb waiting to explode.

puff m'call
14th May 2015, 12:11
Just to get this post back on track, think of the positives.

They brew great beer in India and the food is pretty good too:ok:

Modesh
14th May 2015, 13:05
I think this was lost in the bickering.

3 am TRV is now a layover, yet both MLE's 2am and 4 am are not?

Can somebody help me out here?

Oh I see the MLE in June is a three crew, variation 1 and a burn-out flight just to confuse everybody even more!!

Also can anybody explain why YYZ is three crew?

M