PDA

View Full Version : Expensive MCC/JOC/AQC vs Cheap

Pathf1nder
8th May 2015, 09:08
Dear all good day!

Have always had an eye on PPRune over the past couple of years but it is now time to ask my own question and apologies if this has all ready been asked which i'm sure it has.

I am coming up to finishing my IR and must soon decide where to do my MCC,

My question is where should i do it and is there any true value in spending more money?

Firstly, is there any point in evening doing an JOC? is there any true value?

At my current FTO, I can get it done on the cheap MCC £1500-2000ish then with JOC approximate prices £2500 with a simple alsim set up.

Alternatively i could go to CTC and do their MCC for nearly double but is their any true value or any difference in terms of employability later on down the line?

Furthermore I have also had a look at doing their AQC program as a follow up which then gives me the opportunity to be put in their holding pool should it go well.

Does anyone have any experience or any advice to give before i potentially end up spending nearly 4 times what i need to on this final but crucial part of training.

Many thanks in advance

appfo09
11th May 2015, 03:12
My honest opinion...stay far from paying CTC for the ACQ. It will lead you nowhere at the end of the day. I am not saying the quality of standards is not good at CTC but i would never trust them providing me a job after i finish.

CRM Aviation is an option.

Hope it helps !

Jwscud
11th May 2015, 18:57
JOCs seem to me a means to rip off candidates. I have done two type ratings on swept wing jets and the lack of a JOC hasn't hurt me.

I would however advocate doing my MCC on a full motion sim for something reasonably large if you can. I did my MCC back in the day at European Skybus at Bournemouth, and they were very good indeed. They have now moved to Cardiff and are using one of the same sims. I would agree that the MCC is the most fun part of the fATPL as it is the least pressured and most practical.

B737900er
16th May 2015, 15:08
If your looking for a JOC that is on the cheap side but very well taught by current airline pilots then check out Airliner1.