View Full Version : EK Mixed Sectors for Short Layovers

crewlog
4th May 2015, 15:45
705 708 1245 Layover
707 706 1445 Layover

:ugh:

Avid Aviator
4th May 2015, 16:14
That's clever, why didn't they think of that before?
Must save dozens of dirhams in allowances....

What happens if the EK705 is >45 mins late?? Commander will opt to reduce rest, I'm sure???

Sheikh Your Bootie
4th May 2015, 16:19
Hardly surprising, those "lazy pilots" were probably enjoying themselves habibi!!

SyB :zzz::zzz:

kennedy
4th May 2015, 17:33
Remember that is a minimum of 10 hours in the hotel room.

Personally, when they have tried this with me, I set the clock ticking for 9 hours to wake up/10 til pickup when the last crew member gets the room key.

Crew scheduling tend to forget this gem, so a telephone call to them is required to delay the wake up call otherwise you will get less than minimum rest as they only count one hour before the flight as reporting time, where as most pickup times are two hours before the flight.

Working on 12:45 rest.

Blocks on,
30 mins to get off the plane,
45 mins to get thru customs, transit to the hotel
15 mins to check full crew in.

That 1:30 already.

Start the 10 hours.

Pick up 11:30 later, 2 hours before flight as usual.

Take off 13:30 later!

:*

PositiveRate876
5th May 2015, 14:18
Seychelles has been a 12hr, 15hr layover on the A345 for years.
It's nothing new.

You must be on the B777 and not used to it.

BobDole
5th May 2015, 14:20
The 15 hr one was actually a pretty good trip for us on the bus :}

aeropix
5th May 2015, 14:23
Guys,

Heads up! This is what the new rostering system was brought in to do, so get used to it systemwide from now on in every city with multiple daily flights.

Unlike the present Ad-opt system, which builds the rosters from pre-built pairings, The new roster system can optimize the pairings and the rosters simultaneously, thus opening up plenty of possibilities for shorter layovers in FRA, CDG, SIN, BKK, HKG, LHR, MAN etc.

Don't say you have not been warned.

givemewings
5th May 2015, 14:39
And here was I thinking it was so bidding would actually work!

When the 15 hour layovers in HKG BKK etc start rolling in.... the resignation letter will get typed up. I can put up with a lot of the BS here in the sandpit so long as I get time to see a bit of the rest of the world.

I did not uproot my life to see the insides of a hotel room.

If they think the CC are resiging in droves now, well just watch when they try that! They are already p!ssed about the reduction in their bidded-for SEZ layovers....

Avid Aviator
5th May 2015, 21:23
MNL been 19 hours for as long as I can remember, even shorter pretty common on the B77F.