PDA

View Full Version : Emirates RNP to KJFK 13L?

Trust me Im Staff
2nd May 2015, 00:58
Are Emirates A380's are able to fly RNP approaches to KJFK 13L or 13R?

Cheers

MarkerInbound
2nd May 2015, 11:31
Currently there are no RNP approaches to 13R or L so I'd say no.

CharterJake
2nd May 2015, 11:56
Oh yes, there are. Can't comment on the EK A380 bit, but IF the Feds gave them approval for it, then why not...

kumul1
2nd May 2015, 12:06
Currently, the EK A380's are only authorised to conduct the 'RNAV to Visual' on 13L/13R.

casablanca
2nd May 2015, 12:59
there is a RNP AR 13L my company has trained us on but still waiting final authorization. Our original Jeppesen plate looks like it was tailored for Jetblue so I assume they are doing it.

TheDarkHorse
3rd May 2015, 05:45
Its only because EK is worried about pilots cocking up a truly visual approach - I mean a pilot flying an airplane in EK's mind is like committing 10 sins at the same time.

They don't need the RNAV's in the U.S because most the time they're allowed to fly them visually and just that. Not saying they don't need RNAV/RNP etc on a day to day basis for other things etc I'm only talking about this particular approach.

Payscale
3rd May 2015, 06:10
Yes there are tailored RNP AR A380 approaches to runways 13 L and 13R. All EK A380 are trained on them but until approval is granted we can not fly them.

PGA
3rd May 2015, 08:19
I'm also pretty sure they'll have to train us once again when approval is eventually granted. Most pilots seem to think that especially the go-around actions with regard to the setting of the FCU altitude arw far from ideal.

I for one wish we could just fly the aircraft instead of having specific training for 13L/R, and then on top of that a different RNP-AR procedure for 22L/R.

Flying these approaches maybe once a year and having fairly laborious different procedures for different runways is a recipe for a huge f*** up in my opinion, especially when tired after a 13 hour flight.

donpizmeov
3rd May 2015, 08:45
PGA, part of your wish has been answered. There is only one procedure for the RNP-AR now. The setting a missed approach ALT isn't that hard is it?

Trust me Im Staff
11th May 2015, 06:14
Thanks guys

Payscale... By awaiting approval I assume you mean local FAA approval ?

Thanks!