PDA

View Full Version : Isis recruitment strategy...

SaddamsLoveChild
2nd May 2015, 00:24
At a briefing in the UK before I left a certain 3* army officer admitted albeit tongue in cheek that Daesh were recruiting faster and more efficiently per calendar month than the combined MOD Reserve Forces were. What is the mod doing wrong......

Hubstrasse
2nd May 2015, 01:42
No Virgins!

minigundiplomat
2nd May 2015, 11:26
ISIS is experiencing a sustained period of growth and seemingly offers new members a bright future; UK defence is not experiencing growth and currently does not offer either new or existing members a particularly bright future.

Ipso facto. recruitment for ISIS is buoyant, and recruitment and retention are increasingly becoming the elephant in the room for the UK MOD.

Finnpog
2nd May 2015, 11:56
Whatever you might think about recruitmet - I am reasonably assured that the UK Military may not be able to adopt the lion's share of the ISIL retention methods.:sad:

Pontius Navigator
2nd May 2015, 13:14
Certainly in Liverpool

downsizer
2nd May 2015, 16:02
RAuxAF exceeded their recruiting targets for Recruiting Year (RY) 14-15 and are doing well this RY as well. It's the Army that are struggling.

Rosevidney1
2nd May 2015, 19:40
The Army isn't renowned for a cushy lifestyle!

Flying Serpent
2nd May 2015, 20:11
I suspect if the UK armed forces were allowed to 'compete' with the same rules of engagement that ISIS use then recruitment might increase. There seems to be many young men in town centres up and down the country spoiling for a fight most Saturday nights.

rh200
2nd May 2015, 21:48
I suspect if the UK armed forces were allowed to 'compete' with the same rules of engagement that ISIS use then recruitment might increase

I suspect if western armed forces were allowed to engage with a more practical interpretation of international law instead of some huggie fluffy interpretation, things would be much easier.

We spend untold billions (may not so much any more:p) on fancy toys for our personnel, only to butt F$#% them with more rules.

It seems we have a non linear response to getting more technical capability.