PDA

View Full Version : A310/A300 type training

warrenG
10th Jun 2002, 14:48
I would be grateful to hear from anyone out there who knows of training facilities and type rating courses for the A310/A300.

Cheers.

Brookmans Park
10th Jun 2002, 17:53
Firstly what type of licence are you after? UK/JAA or FAA or other

I can only cmment with regard to the Uk situation and am not up to date I researched the conversion of my Singapore type rating a few years ago(pre JAA) the UK CAA were very helpful and the bottom line was that the options were Monarch with the A300-600, who in spite of the fact that I had known the then chief pilot for a long time, were very UNHELPFUL!

Cyprus were very helpful, offering a very good price for the a/c and the sim time at TOU but wanted a stupid amount of money for the TRE, i.e 3 days of his time and per diems to travel to TOU from Cyprus after they had already told me that he was already there doing company recurrent training anyway!
For what it is worth my own opinion, based on the EURopean market is that the type rating is not cost effective go for an A320
or a 737/800, which gives far more job opportunities, even GOD FORBID RYANAIR!!

Lee-a-Roady Moor
10th Jun 2002, 19:04
DR

I've been told similiar about getting a 738 rating and the potential opportunities available with it but again price was in the region of £18k for UK/JAA rating.

Have heard that a CAA approved rating is available in Canada region for around £6k but was unable to obtain any further info at all. Have you heard any along these lines?

Boss Raptor
11th Jun 2002, 17:06
Pan Am Training Academy Miami or you could try Royal Jordanian in Amman...

warrenG
12th Jun 2002, 14:56
Thanks Boss Raptor and dan ryan. I will check on these for sure. I know a 737 rating is better but it just that the job prospects are elsewhere.

I will also give CAE Schreiner a call and Flight Safety who seem to be the best bets. Thanks for your help.