PDA

View Full Version : ORS 1027

CRAZYBROADSWORD
29th Apr 2015, 17:47
Can someone with a higher IQ than mine please explain this as it kinda looks like anyone with a ppl or better can now take punters flying on the pretence of an introductory lesson

Cbs

JBL99
29th Apr 2015, 17:56
Err, any more details?

misterbonkers
29th Apr 2015, 20:13
I think you'll find this is nothing new. #Air Experience flight.

Hughes500
30th Apr 2015, 06:01
Crazy

Correct come about as lots of euro countries have allowed to happen for years so we had to fall in line !

CRAZYBROADSWORD
30th Apr 2015, 07:32
So previously Jo public would have to go to a company with an AOC for a pleasure flight and now an unpaid ppl can do it and call it an " air experience flight "

So that won't put any down ward pressure on pilot pay at all !?

jimf671
30th Apr 2015, 08:27
Been happening around here for a while. I have paid for some of it a few years back and in that case they were indeed air experience lessons rather than sight-seeing. :ok: Unfortunately, my daughter didn't take the bait and has decided helicopters are too complicated. :{

misterbonkers
1st May 2015, 06:01
CrazyBroadSword;

It's been the case in the UK for many years and it in effect is Exercise 3 of the syllabus - why is it so bad that you can log your first flight in this way?

Pre JAR few folk knew that you actually didnt need to do you type rating with an instructor - you could do the 5hrs with another PPL/CPL who was licence on type - now that seemed a bit daft!