PDA

View Full Version : Kura Aviation

EIPK
29th Apr 2015, 16:27
Hi does anybody no any details about kura aviation best pilot course with leading to BA city flyer or flybe type rating!!

theiceman747
30th Apr 2015, 14:09
It has been spoken before here on the forum about Kura Aviation BESTPILOT course. Use SEARCH tool.

I hve gone to the interview in february just to test myself, not really interested in the Bestpilot course but to know where i lack skills in a interview. You can expect this:

-Psychological test in a computer (+200 questions).
-Compass test (EPST), is compound of several parts.
-Personal Interview wit 2 interviewers.
-Group exercise with other people.

In the compass you have to score in each part a good part. Each part is scored from 1 to 7, you should get all 6, 7 in order to pass this part.

Psycho test is pretty straight forward if you are a stable individual.

Personal interview is also pretty straight forward to if you show good leadership skills, communitacion, team-work skills etc. They will ask you about your background and some other questions like: explain a time when you deal with high pressure? how you recover from set-backs in life? what makes a good captain etc...

Group exercise is more difficult as not everyone there knows DODAR procedure and you have to expose your ideas and show team-skills without being a bighead who knows everything and doesn't let others speak.

I passed but i declined, mostly because it's a 14.000€ course which is a MCC+JOC (already have an MCC) and is not that recognised by any airline. They provide 12 months of "job placement support" that is they will try to put you forward in interview, they have a deal with BA and Flybe to put Kura students forward in to the interview phase, they told me BA recruitment was full at that moment if'd take the Bestpilot course. Well for me it's not worth to pay 14k€ to be in a interview with Flybe.. it's a gamble but it can work

They will give you a extensive de-brief where they will tell you where you lack skills and what are your strong and weak points, that is the best part of all. Feel free to PM. :ok:

wonder88
4th Dec 2015, 20:55
Just read through this and thought to myself why in the world would you spend so much money (plus time, effort and stress) just for an opportunity to interview and compete with four others for just one role? And what happens to the other three, plus the ones that didn't make the final cut but paid £10K + anyway:ugh:

I'm sorry but they need to stop painting this as some kind of success story because it just isn't, its another money making scheme designed to exploit desperate individuals.:=:*

BA Cityflyer announces First Officer Placement Programme Success - Pilot Career News (http://www.pilotcareernews.com/ba-cityflyer-first-officer-placement-programme-success/)

ricky81 sti
7th Dec 2015, 15:16
Hi folks, Any info on the Interview at Kura and the Group Exercise would be of great help as i'm in for stage 2 for BA Cityflyer next week.

Thanks

Happy Wanderer
9th Dec 2015, 21:56
I posted on the 'Flybe DHC8 F/O Recruitment' thread a few months ago pointing out that Kura were placing BESTPILOT modular grads with Flybe and that I'd heard from sources at the time that the airline would only look at FO applicants who had been through the BESTPILOT airline preparation process. In a sense it looked like Kura had been contracted by Flybe as some sort of 'finishing school' provider. This was subsequently confirmed by someone within the company. Since then of course, Kura have jumped into bed with CTC in placing potential FOs with BACF. Like anything in aviation, it pays to do your research. The BESTPILOT course probably looks like good a good investment if you get a job at the end of it. The problem is, Kura can't guarantee a job interview, never mind a job placement, and for the many who've completed the programme but are still out there job hunting, I'm sure the 'investment' will have proven to be a very expensive one.

HW

FabianUK
13th Dec 2015, 21:05
Hiya Ricky 81,

Not heard of Kura but having gone through FlyBe and at 3 other recruitment group exercises, found they are all fairly similar really. Some tips that got me thru...

Needless to say - it's a GROUP exercise. That means making sure you LISTEN more than you TALK in these things. Lots of people advise that it benefits if you are the dominant person in the team (ie. you are the one to talk first, to take notes etc). NOT TRUE! Having sat thru a number of these things the two or three people who took the lead didn't get past. That was me for the first 3 times I sat the exercise -- I was always the bold, confident one who was chatty and holding court. Feedback I consistently had was to just be a little more passive.....goes against everything your mind and mouth are screaming out to do, but you have to remember that you are (presumably) going for a role as an FO. That means you need to listen, to take notes and to reflect. Probably best not to say nothing, but aim to be the second or third most chillaxed person in the room, rather than try and compete with the Alpha Male.

PM me if you need more info on the kind of scenarios, but to be honest every one i've ever done has been slightly different and all are rather crazy situations. Good luck!

ricky81 sti
16th Dec 2015, 16:09
PM'd mate!

lansen
16th Dec 2015, 20:25
Wait, what? Pay 14k GBP to get invited to an interview? :suspect:
I mean, I'm quite suspicious when it comes to P2F schemes. But still, they lead to guaranteed flight hours and most people get a decent job afterwards. But this? I feel sad for those poor souls falling for this kinda crap :(.
Better spend the money for beer and hookers in Czech Republic.

ricky81 sti
17th Dec 2015, 08:29
@ lansen

I'm not paying a penny, it was a selection for BA Cityflyer not for their Bestpilot course. I don't think paying £14k is in anyway sensible at all and I hate the whole pay 2 fly culture but thanks for your input.