PDA

View Full Version : Basic Flight Training in Singapore/Malaysia

theflyingcamera
29th Apr 2015, 13:34
Hey,
I'm looking at returning to flight training. My last flight was im 2013 in a T-3 Airtourer out of Classic Flyers at NZTG. Most of my training was done at TVSA in Melbourne. I'd like to restart my training in Singapore or Malaysia as I'm now based here. Are there any recommendations on how or where to get this done?
I've clocked 22.9 hours from 2009-2013.
Current aircraft flown are:
C150/152
Boeing Stearman E75
Piper PA-18A-150
T3 Airtourer

I'd really like to get back into the sky as soon as possible :)
Cheers!

chibuku
29th Apr 2015, 21:23
Where are you based? Kota Kinabalu has a flying club - great views and place to fly

Captain Stravaigin
6th May 2015, 14:31
SZB has the greatest number of flying clubs in Malaysia and is quick and easy to get to from SIN by Firefly.

The main advantage of flying in MY is that you have a lot more places to go, SIN is obviously limited as cross border flights are a bit of a pain as far as I can see.

Your problem in obtaining a MY Student Pilot licence (or converting your current licence) would be that the DCA would want to see a valid work permit. Not sure if there is an easy way around that...

Life is a lot easier if you have an FAA licence as it is possible to locate N reg aircraft (both in SIN and MY).

Good Luck

CMY.BRYAN
16th May 2015, 04:37
Hi there, I saw you mentioned that it is relatively easier to locate N-registered aircraft in SIN or MY. Where would that be if I may ask? I do have an FAA license and would need to locate a relatively lower cost N-reg aircraft to keep my new instrument rating current