PDA

View Full Version : low time or co pilot position? The same question..

Manuele68
27th Apr 2015, 10:44
Hi Guys, any new rumors about companies who are open to new low time H pilots? I have only 180Hrs in R22 and no more money to continue the cfi training so I need your comments and advice... :ugh: I know that is always the same question and I can`t work for Mc Donalds because of my age := and because I`m Italian and my F1 visa doesn`t allow me to do it.
If anybody needs a copilot or knows someone who maybe needs one (anywhere)....I speak italian and spanish too.

Any advice and any suggestion will be very much appreciated. :ok:

Hawkeye0001
27th Apr 2015, 21:06
With 180hrs you must already be super close to getting your CFI? How many hours are missing?

Manuele68
28th Apr 2015, 08:34
Hi, I have to pass the FAA instrument check ride(just the exam because I`ve done all the training yet) and all the cfi course..... plus housing, food etc etc... at the moment for me is impossible and I don`t wanna pass too much time without flying ... I`m looking for a job as a aerial observer o co pilot in pipeline patrol or phothography for example, to pay my housing, food and training.
It`s difficult to find a job without the cfi course , I know.

I think that I will become a better pilot flying as a copilot with a very experienced pilot who knows how the real world works and leave me sometimes to hold the stick.....I think that nobody is ready to teach others with just 200 Hrs but this is an other matter..it`s just my opinion. :mad:

Hawkeye0001
28th Apr 2015, 11:46
Can you do that on an F1? In my time it was still the J1 and we were only allowed to work as CFI's (well, officially employed as CFI at least). Either way I'm afraid it's gonna be even thougher without having a CFI and IR in your pocket.

If you really, absolutely and under no circumstances can fork out the money for those ratings I guess you'll have to look around for any and all utility operators, find out names of the people in charge (!) of the respective HR department and / or the owners, prepare customized (!!) resumés for each and every company and hit the road to knock on every single door (though call up a day before).
Not sure if that's gonna bring about anything, but it's better than putting your hands in your laps or trying to send CV's online.

Manuele68
28th Apr 2015, 14:07
Thanks a lot Guys for your advice, public and private messages :ok:
At the moment I`m in Italy trying to get an other loan :ugh: but it seems a mission impossible because of the crisis here in Europe...

Hawkeye0001 At the moment I only can send resumes online...but I always customized them !! I know that an automatic common resume fly directly in the basket under the desk... but is better than doing nothing..
Always think positive !! :ok:

MitchStick
11th May 2015, 03:51
Maybe since you're in Italy your F1 visa is not valid any more but just so you know, you can work part time while on an F1 visa (20 hours a week), usually you can only work on campus, i.e. at the flight school, but you can also work off campus if you get authorised by the school or something like that, I don't remember the exact procedure but I know it's possible because I was struggling too during my training and I looked at every options..

In bocca al lupo!

Manuele68
11th May 2015, 07:11
thanks MitchStick :O you`re right, but with only a part time line service job at the school doesn`t help me enough.... it would only pay my rent.
I think I will look for a job in Europe. I will try to get a loan in the future to finish my training.... I will lose a lot of time but nobody hires you with no experience and only with a resume online...
I will try to find a ground position with an occasional job as an aerial observer with another pilot if this job does exists :cool: I speak 3 languages...maybe someone needs an interpreter?
Thanks again for the advice guys. :ok: