PDA

View Full Version : Greencard or visa sponsored by employer

bigRed87
26th Apr 2015, 17:49
Does anyone know of any employers that are willing to apply for a greencard or visa for a Norwagian pilot into the US?

I got my license there 10 years ago, and now 3000hrs on the AS350 later I really want to try to get into the HEMS buisness.

Winning the greencard lottery seems impossible.

Best Regards
Sondre

MartinCh
26th Apr 2015, 19:45
normally, big NO, but I've read an article about Soloy in Alaska and they'd sponsor experienced vertical reference ops pilots with 500 time. I have no idea how OK would mostly 350 time be for them. Again, utility you're doing already.
Mostly Kiwi pilots other than US citizens who tick the boxTes and get there through word of mouth.

One pilot working for one of the HEMS companies mentioned there 'could' be option for green card, but I can't recall the handle/nickname nor specifics although they probably want twin and HEMS experience.

Not best time to get into offshore right now.
Many of us would drool over your logbook times/hours on type.

Hope you change jobs to your liking, but it seems that for some twin ops the companies prefer pilots with 'right type ratings' or IR(H) or not 'tons' of single pilot utility/charter/scenics. I find it silly, but I'm no them who make decisions.

More known user Vertical Freedom (and too zealous Robbie basher) not long ago had experienced indifference when looking for twin jobs and he's got plenty more time than you. It may not be picture of the European job market, though.

SFIM
26th Apr 2015, 19:52
However much experience you have it always seems not enough, I have been told I have "too much offshore time", before that I had "too much Robinson time", the people interviewing you often have less time than you but there time is of course "more relevant and better quality" apparently.
It never ends it seems

Gordy
27th Apr 2015, 17:41
Will not happen. I have not heard of any people being given a green card based on flight experience. The only one I heard of was issued on the basis of a "business" accreditation where flying was incidental to the primary job.

Soave_Pilot
29th Apr 2015, 02:26
Green card is only granted when The company cannot find any us citizens to fill in the position with the skills they need. And they have to prove that to the gvt.

Nubian
29th Apr 2015, 14:02
Green card is only granted when The company cannot find any us citizens to fill in the position with the skills they need. And they have to prove that to the gvt.

You would not get a green card for that either, but a work visa first. Now as there is no shortage of helicopter-pilots in the US, there is next to no chance.

But, how many pilots have found ''their true love''(at least for a while:p) over the years in the US is uncertain..... I know quite a few that has gotten married over there over the years.... some are still, but some are not... :E

bigred87, Go wife-hunting, and report back the result :ok:

Cheers