PDA

View Full Version : Type rating course with ME/IFR expiring during type rating course

pilotcivic
25th Apr 2015, 09:08
Hy,

I have one question regarding ME/ifr rating expiring during type rating course. I found that ME/IFR needs to be valid on begining of type rating course, but can expire during course.
But i don't know what actual begining of the course means?

Is it meant as actual flying in sim or can be begining with theory course?
How does one prove that type rating course was started before ME/IFR expired?

Is there some document showing that?

Thank you for helping me out!

Regards

Jwscud
25th Apr 2015, 09:27
The day you start your course (ie the start date the airline/ATO gives you) is they day your MEIR needs to be valid as they check your qualifications are valid.

pilotcivic
25th Apr 2015, 11:08
Thank you Jwscud!

So in my case I will received CBT access 14 days from ATO before actual arriving to ATO, for home studying, and during this period my ME/IFR will expire.

So if start date s considered when I receive CBT access everything should be ok?

appfo09
27th Apr 2015, 18:12
Yes, pilotcivic that is correct. You could also ask the TRTO about this for clarification ...:ok:

All the best !

PURPLE PITOT
27th Apr 2015, 18:41
I would check with the TRTO when they consider the start date to be, as nieve assumption could leave you in the poo, and in breach of contract, which may result in you loosing your course fees.

plikee
28th Apr 2015, 17:20
PURPLE PITOT, indeed! Ask them what is your starting date. My airline gave me a pre-course study pack and I am starting the ground school on th 18th of next month and that's the key date for me. Anything not valid before that I need to worry about so ask them what is your day 1 date :ok: