PDA

View Full Version : Air Cote D'ivoire selection process

sppoky
25th Apr 2015, 08:24
Hello to everyone,

So, i finished my flight training (PPL,CPL,ME-IR) in December 2014 in Canada.

Applied for the airline back home in Ivory Coast. Luckily for me they take nationals with minimum hours (250 hours).

As in Canada MCC is not part of your training, they asked me to do the MCC course at my own costs. I did it, and went to CRM aviation,not to far from London.

I showed them my certificate, and i was told that i will be send to Sweden to do the CAE interview and assessment, CAE is based at the stockholm airport in sweden.

The airline if i successfully pass the CAE assessment and interview, will send me for the Q400 NextGen type rating in Toronto.

So ... so ... my question is, has anyone done the CAE assessment test ? if yes .. what can i expect, what can i do to be best prepared.

I have roughly 2 to 3 months left before being send to CAE.

PS: I do not have an ATPL yet, because in Canada you need 750 hours to be be able to write the ATPL, so, the Civil aviation authority in Ivory Coast, kindly accepted for me to build up my hours in the airline (400 hours), they gave me 9 months counting from October 2015, then when i hit the 750 hours go back to Canada and write my ATPL written.

I explain this, because i overheard that at CAE they ask ATPL professional knowledge questions .... what about the math test ? is it more like mental calculations for fuel, descent calculations ?

Thanks in advance guys.

N1 Limit
7th May 2015, 10:37
Hi sppoky
I fly for Camair-co in cameroon on 767, i did the CAE assesment 4 years ago to join Camair-co it's called CASS i forgot what it stands for.But the process is straight forward needless to worry about,normally Air côte d'ivoire is supposed to give you a hand out to prepare for it.It's not about ATPL knowledge it's an aptitude and personnal test where you do psychometrics test.I'll go dig in my stuffs and see if i can find the handout and send it to you.In the meantime google around and look for it

sppoky
8th May 2015, 11:56
Hi there N1 Limit :)

Thanks a lot for your answer, and thanks for your effort to help me.

I did some research on my side and actually went on the CAE website, and bought a training package were i can train on the psychometric tests and see how i perform.

Looking forward for your handout, if i may ask ... are you a citizen from Cameroon? I used to live there for 3 years, i was in Yaounde, also visited Bafoussam, Douala, Kribi and Edea.

N1 Limit
14th May 2015, 11:44
Sorry for the late reply.Indeed i'm a citizen of cameroon,good to know you're familiar with the place