PDA

View Full Version : Lionair pay2fly 2015

eaglescout
24th Apr 2015, 11:15
Hi all,
Before all the usual comments regarding use the search engine,Google ect I've done all that and I can't find what I'm looking for.

Do lionair still offer pay2fly to expats ? If so anyone know which agencies offer it ? And where to start to get the process going.

Thanks in advance

EC DKN
24th Apr 2015, 11:26
They don't do it anymore as Indonisian CAA requires 250 hours on type if you are foreign.

PLEASE DO NOT THINK GOING P2F! :ugh:

eaglescout
24th Apr 2015, 11:40
Thanks for your answers, with a few thousand hours instructing and not got a job and it's not throughout lack of trying I can tell you, a lot of my industry friends / fellow instructors took the plunge brought TR and hours and now all of them fly for good carriers and getting paid.
I have spent many years thinking don't pay , but in reality and if I look around the people who just got on with it , forgot about the moral side of it now have paid jet jobs. Sometimes if you can't beat them join them ??

eaglescout
24th Apr 2015, 11:44
Hi jumbo

I'm in UK

EC DKN
24th Apr 2015, 11:48
Try Flybe they are hiring FIs

BAe 146-100
25th Apr 2015, 09:40
About 4 years too late mate. And yes many who paid are now in legacy airlines such as Emirates, Turkish and Qatar.

Even if you are prepared to pay now, p2f is drying up big time. So actually being willing to pay now actually doesn't mean that you can even do it anymore!!

theiceman747
25th Apr 2015, 14:16
Lion doesn't do P2F any longer since the law of hours on type.

However you can try other places, if you use Google you can find programs you are looking for.. just a little bit of research is needed. :ugh:

RedBullGaveMeWings
27th Apr 2015, 15:13
Guys, you do realize that airliners are not the only jets flying around, do you?

RunBoyRun
27th Apr 2015, 16:55
If you mean corporate/business aviation..well, there's no way you can make it without knowing someone already in..same old story.

plikee
28th Apr 2015, 08:39
That's why you need to network and most of the times dispatching is way better than being a flight attendant if you want to fly planes.

I hope that everyone see your post because many people sit around a computer just sending CVs instead of looking for an aviation job, even if it pays less than your actual job (if you have one already!)

I finished my training and Uni 3 years ago, already working in a retail shop. After 6 months moved country as my home country was not the best to work or get a job, still kept in retail and looking for aviation jobs, no luck in the first year. Second year, got a job as dispatcher, if I quit my retail job I would get a pay cut of more than £5000 annually. Kept two jobs, worked an average of 60 hours per week (crazy I know!) for 6 months and then left the retail job. In the mean time, went back to my country 3 times in 10 weeks just to spend all my savings in hour building (did around 50 in 3 weeks flying time).

1 month after got called for my 1st interview, passed, waiting to start in the next month.

In the mean time, I've made loads of contacts within flight crew about positions available, after passed my job interview I was offered another 2 but I declined as I found a job already.

What I'm trying to say is, if you are in a aviation job with contact with flight crew, you just need to ask, 99% of them will help you. You will get more knowledge (oh boy, I've learned a lot of things as a dispatcher that many crews don't understand at all) and that will give you a slight advantage.

Don't get me wrong but I don't think getting a job as a cabin crew will take you further. It will lock you up in the same company if you want to build up contacts and you will probably learn the safety and emergency procedures of that only company. The job itself will not give you more aviation culture, apart from when you're being trained as a crew member (with this I'm not saying that is a wrong route, just ins my opinion it's not the best if you're job hunting for a flight deck position)

Sorry to hear about you trying all the 'decent' routes you had. I don't support pay to fly, ever, but sometimes people are so handcuffed that I don't blame you. We've all been put in this situation because of those ****heads.

appfo09
28th Apr 2015, 17:10
pilkee..nice post

Just would like to know where did u worked as a flight dispatcher. Was this in Europe or somewhere outside?

Because i do have a FAA FD licence but hard to find a job as a dispatcher in Europe.

Thank you !

plikee
28th Apr 2015, 17:28
appfo09 thank you, just trying go give some helpful advice to other people as I know the situation, been there nearly 3 years without any interview offer.

Currently working at Bristol Airport (2 days left), they hired pretty much everyone for summer already however I know a couple people that are leaving and my leave soon so just give it a go and drop a CV there if you are interested, if you've got aviation background, they will like it :ok: also Virgin were hiring for the flight operations department a couple weeks ago.

To dispatch, in Europe, you don't need any specific licence, company will provide you training. If you got the FAA licence, even better, one of the guys that just joined us has one too. Have a look in ground handling companies such as Swissport, Menzies, AviaPartner, etc.

Hope it helps :}

theiceman747
30th Apr 2015, 18:35
too_much,

By the same way you tell people of Lion Air fail, I know 2 Lion Air guys who got the 'yes' from one ME carrier to fly the 787 ;). Sure they don't got the SOP's of RYR or NAS but hey... they are in now.

So in the end if you got the hours it's up to you to ace the interview or not, doesn't matter if it's Lion air or whatever in my opinion. If you pass you pass, if you fail, you fail.

regards

Snr
1st May 2015, 10:14
Great advice about getting a job in aviation, but saying dispatching is the only way to go is wrong. I currently work as cabin crew for a certain large regional airline, and have just been offered an FO position, starting next month. I personally know of at least 4 other people in the company who have been successful, and a handful more doing the same behind me. I also know that there is at least one EZY cabin crew on my TR as well.

As well as that, I have a close friend who worked on the ground for Cityjet who is now flying for them. Moral of the story...get out of that retail job, and find something, anything, connected with an airline. Do it now! Airlines are hiring massively now and over the next year, and they are more likely to pick your application if you know the person choosing them.

worldoffe
2nd May 2015, 19:42
lets hope so! :D

theiceman747
12th May 2015, 14:44
As far as I know Cityjet makes their new candidates pay their Type Ratings on the Fokker and Avro RJ.. (pilots leaving for greener grass)

I know it's not the same as paying a LT, but it's a useless type rating on my opinion. I

Same as 717 Type rating. Imho.

RunBoyRun
12th May 2015, 16:47
Also FR makes you pay the TR, but at least you have a job and a nice aircraft.. as RedBull said Who in their right mind would pay for a LT on a Fokker?

theiceman747
12th May 2015, 21:49
RunboyRUN,

Everybody has his own opinion, mine is that i would not pay a TR (and not even a LT in that aircraft for god's sake!) in a Fokker 70/100.

A job in the end, yeah maybe.. and jet hours are worthy that's true. But there are only +300 Fokker70/100 in the world so when you want to leave to better places you'd have to pay another TR upfront... more money. No ending story of spending money in TR's... :p

RunBoyRun
13th May 2015, 07:43
Maybe I wasn't very clear on that.. What I meant was that in some company where you pay the TR (FR is just an example) at least you do that with the right expectation to be trained in a proper way, gain experience in a widely used aircraft and one day, after some years, the possibility to stay or move on...but in this particular case you would end up paying a hell lot of money, flying for free an aircraft that is almost on his way to the desert, receiving the least possibile amount of training, due to the fact that there's a very long queue of people waiting to take your seat.. I see no positives in that..