PDA

View Full Version : Bachelor in Avation (BAv)

AdamHanis
21st Apr 2015, 04:33
I've been doing my research for well over a year now on which school to go to.
I would start my path to being a pilot in 2016.
I am 21 this year, Singaporean and currently have GCE O levels, 5 credits which includes English, Maths and Science.

My current options ;
- Take my CPL/IR with Western Australia Avation College (WAAC), WA. Followed by a diploma in Avation and possibly after, take up a Bachelor in Avation (BAv) in Massey, NZ.

PROS : I would have better understanding and experience in practical flying itself before I take up the diploma and bachelor.
CONS : Money and time intensive.

-Another option is to get my foundation studies (one year) and proceed to enrolling in Massey, NZ without any prior experience in flying.

PROS : Quick and relatively cheaper.
CONS : Had some bad reviews on practical flying with the institution.

My ultimate goal is to migrate to Perth Australia, in hopes of getting a PR. (My sister is a PR) and fly with a airliner one day but I understand I would have to start out low to build my hours.

As of now, anyone could kindly advice which is a better route? Or if anyone has any advice on any alternative routes/countries/schools?
I personally would wish to obtain a degree in a relevant master as I feel that it would be advantageous in both employment and practise wise.

Thank you so much for your time!

parkfell
22nd Apr 2015, 15:54
You asked these Qs in February.......decide

whiskey1
23rd Apr 2015, 00:41
Have you thought about an aviation degree in Perth?

ECU | Bachelor of Aviation (http://www.ecu.edu.au/degrees/courses/bachelor-of-aviation)

Live with the sister and study.
However aviation as a path to PR? Doubt it.

Ilyushin76
24th Apr 2015, 17:07
What good is a Bachelors in Aviation ? Just curious :sad: