PDA

View Full Version : FIC in own a/c

Desert Strip Basher
15th Apr 2015, 20:06
Is it possible to pay a FI to conduct the FIC training in your own a/c?

Whopity
15th Apr 2015, 20:40
Only an ATO can offer FI Training; some may be prepared to do it in your aircraft if it is suitable.

S-Works
16th Apr 2015, 07:22
We do it on a regular basis. I inspect the aircraft as Head of Training and if it's acceptable as a trainer we allow it to be used.

Drop me a PM if you are in the Midlands and want some help.

Desert Strip Basher
16th Apr 2015, 21:04
Thanks all. Assuming the aircraft to be acceptable is there a restriction on where training may be carried out?

Big Pistons Forever
17th Apr 2015, 00:06
What country is the training going to be done in ?

Whopity
17th Apr 2015, 07:29
I think the reference to FIC training implies Europe.

BillieBob
17th Apr 2015, 08:15
....is there a restriction on where training may be carried out?Training may be carried out at any location listed in the ATO's Operations Manual as accepted by the Authority.

Ex Oggie
17th Apr 2015, 20:15
Bear in mind that when (if) your aircraft is approved by an ATO, it may be restricted as to what elements of the course it can be used on. For example, if it is not approved for spinning, you may have to use another aircraft that is capable of that exercise.

XO

RTN11
17th Apr 2015, 21:58
It's certainly possible. I knew a fella did his aerobatics instructor extension in his own chipmonk, just had it temporarily added to the ATO's books. Some paperwork involved, but isn't there with everything?

The main question is would you want to do the full FIC in your own aircraft? When the instructor is pretending to be "bloggs" he can throw it around a fair dose, even throw in the odd heavy landing just to prepare you for what real world instructing is like. I know I'd rather it was in the school aircraft rather than my own.

Big Pistons Forever
17th Apr 2015, 22:01
When the instructor is pretending to be "bloggs" he can throw it around a fair dose, even throw in the odd heavy landing just to prepare you for what real world instructing is like. I know I'd rather it was in the school aircraft rather than my own.

Any FI rating instructor that does anything that could in any way cause any damage or abnormal wear and tear on an aircraft is not qualified to teach the FI course IMO.

dobbin1
17th Apr 2015, 22:56
I did most of my FI in a school PA28, but the spinning was done in my own (shared) T67, which was temporarily added to their books. I was too big to do the spinning in their normal C152 aerobat.