PDA

View Full Version : Part 135

sillograph
4th Apr 2015, 23:47
Anyone have any idea on how long before Part 135 comes into being.

Interesting to note vfr charter states one proficiency check per year and IFR States two checks per year.

LeadSled
5th Apr 2015, 02:49
sillograph,

In its present form, hopefully never.

It is not withing a bull's roar of meeting the "Australian Government Guide to Regulation", which the Governments says is mandatory for all Government departments and regulatory bodies, including CASA.

It will be every bit as destructive of GA as Part 61 is proving to be, and unless substantial changes are made, Part 135 will eliminate a large proportion of "traditional" charter. The minimum aerodrome standards, alone, are extremely limiting.

If the Minister is fair dinkum about implementing the ASRR (Forsyth) Report and the Red Tape Reduction program, there must be major changes to virtually all current "new" rules, which are all overkill.

Australian aviation does not deserve what is happening to it, and the CASA input is, in my opinion, the most destructive.

Tootle pip!!

Creampuff
6th Apr 2015, 10:10
[H]ow long before Part 135 comes into being[?]Mr Skidmore’s predecessor’s predecessor, Mr Byron, gave this answer in February 2005:We have an action item to develop a plan to forward to the minister about when we plan to have them to the minister, and I assume that plan would be done in the next couple of months. I would be hopeful that it would not be long after early 2006 that most of the draft rules are delivered to the minister.That statement was made over ten years ago.

Mr Skidmore’s predecessor, Mr McCormick, gave this answer in the "Aviation Safety Yearbook 2013":[O]ur current schedule will see the remaining rules completed by the end of next year.By my calculations, the next year after 2013 was 2014, and 2014 has ended.

I used to care what these people said.

Trust me: Ignore them.