PDA

View Full Version : The Edge by Mark Urban

3rd Apr 2015, 17:02
The Edge. Is the Military Dominance of The West Coming to an end?

A very depressing read but as far as I can see an accurate and incisive analysis of why The West is in deep s**t. Highly recommended , shame it's unlikely to be on any UK politicians reading list. Happy Easter.

Rosevidney1
3rd Apr 2015, 20:46
I shan't read it I'm afraid as I'm depressed enough already.

pr00ne
4th Apr 2015, 08:53
Preposterous alarmist nonsense, worthy only of something like the daily wail!

Seeing as one single member of "the west" possesses more fast jets than Russia and China combined, I think this has no substance.

Technological superiority, industrial capability, organisational ability, and most importantly, decades of continuous military experience conducted at a high tempo in numerous coalitions are dismissed almost out of hand.

AnglianAV8R
4th Apr 2015, 09:36
"Preposterous alarmist nonsense, worthy only of something like the daily wail!" Whilst I'd generally take a similar view on Daily fail journalism, I suspect the report is indicative of what is to come. The country that has more fats jets than China and Russia combined, cannot afford to replace them. The balance of economic power in this world is shifting remoselessly East. The Petro-Dollar is under threat as the BRICS nations by-pass the old greenback and settle business via alternative routes. Note how we jumped in with the new AIIB and were initially castigated by Uncle Sam, but he has had to go to China with his cap in hand, after major European economies also recognised the new reality. Empires wane and new ones take their place, it has always been thus.