PDA

View Full Version : FW190 mishap at OMAKA...

Ex FSO GRIFFO
3rd Apr 2015, 08:20
The FW190 had a rather 'severe' mishap during the landing roll, at OMAKA this arvo, when due to a brake problem (reportedly) the aircraft was seen to ground loop at a fair rate of knots still, and came to rest, when the dust had settled, flat on its belly.

The left u/c leg appeared to be bent outward s from the attachment point, and was resting on the belly fuel tank, which was ripped off, the right u/c was somewhere under the fuselage, the prop splintered, and the whole damage looked to be 'substantial'.....

The pilot appeared to be unharmed (shaken but not stirred) and vacated the aircraft under his own Steam.

A sad event for such a magnificent aircraft.

I would guess that it will be airborne again....sometime....

Cheers:eek:

tyler_durden_80
3rd Apr 2015, 11:01
No reports of a spitfire observed zooming off into the safety of the clouds??

Glad he walked away unharmed.

Pinky the pilot
3rd Apr 2015, 11:28
The pilot appeared to be unharmed (shaken but not stirred) and vacated the aircraft under his own Steam.

Did he say something like "Ach Himmel" as he walked away?:E:D

No reports of a spitfire observed zooming off into the safety of the clouds??

Or heaps of spent .303 cartridges and 20mm Hispano cases found nearby?:ooh:

But seriously Folks...;).No doubt it will be flying again in due course.:ok:

gerry111
3rd Apr 2015, 12:25
Perhaps 'Gott mit uns', Pinky? :E

Really good news that no one was hurt.

aldee
3rd Apr 2015, 17:46
Bugger,having breakfast ready to head off to the show,was looking forward to seeing it flying
Misadventure put it out of the air last time I was here
Magnificent weather in Marlborough yesterday, hopefully more of the same today

slamer.
3rd Apr 2015, 20:26
http://media.nzherald.co.nz/webcontent/image/jpg/201514/SNPA030415006_620x310.jpg

http://media.nzherald.co.nz/webcontent/image/jpg/201514/SNPA030415001_620x310.jpg

Old 'Un
7th Apr 2015, 08:42
I saw the aftermath and it looked rather nasty. Word from around the hanger is many $$$ and two years plus. If so, there goes a display at Omaka 2017 :{

Here's hoping the damage isn't as bad as initial assessment suggests.

Le Vieux