PDA

View Full Version : and we thought we had problems with Zero Hours contracts!!!

SFIM
1st Apr 2015, 18:36
this has to be the least attractive job advert ever for a professional pilot, the killer line is "If you cannot bring a helicopter, do not call. We are not hiring pilots without helicopters." it seems they don't pay for very much at all.
what sort of state is our industry in when you have stuff like this? comments?

******** is looking for a ******** pilot with a helicopter for this coming ******** season. The work is in the ******** area of ******** and the contract will run from 4 to 8 weeks, depending on demand.

Requirements:

Commercial pilot certificate, rotorcraft helicopter
Class 2 or 1 medical
Minimum of 500 hours PIC helicopter
Minimum of 100 hours make and model
Good hovering skills in all conditions, including winds exceeding 15 knots.
Suitable, reliable helicopter (R44 preferred), with at least 50 hours until major maintenance required. (Leased aircraft is okay, but we will not lease the aircraft for you.)
$1 million (minimum) liability insurance
Reliable cell phone with in-aircraft communication capability.
Ground transportation in ******** area a plus. (We cannot provide transportation.)
This job requires a commitment to live in the area for the entire length of the contract. (Low-cost motel housing is available.) Pilot is on call during all daylight hours and may be called to fly before dawn. There are no days off during the contract. We expect the contract to begin in mid June and run into mid to late July or early August.

Pilot responsible for monitoring the weather in the coverage area to know possibility of rain at all times. Pilot must be airborne within 15 minutes of receiving a call to fly. Pilot must fly until job is done to client’s satisfaction. Night flying will not be required.

Compensation consists of daily standby fee plus hourly fee for flight time. Pay is negotiable based on helicopter model and pilot experience. We do not directly pay any expenses; all expenses must be covered by pilot. We do not pay ferry costs to get your helicopter from your base to ******** and back. All expenses should be covered by standby amounts.

This is not a time building job. Expect to fly between 0 and 40 hours during this period.

We will provide training in your aircraft. (We do not pay for training flights.)

If you are interested in this position, please give us a call in March or early April at ********. Please do not call unless you meet all of the above requirements.

If you cannot bring a helicopter, do not call. We are not hiring pilots without helicopters.

Please note that we deal directly with pilot owners. We are not interested in dealing with middle men. If you or one of your employees will not be flying your helicopter, please do not call.

r88
1st Apr 2015, 19:05
Sounds like a april's fool to me.
Yeah, read about that earlier and was wondering the same. Even though stated: not a job for time builders, I got the feeling it in fact might be a time building job (just without the promise of flight time). Who else would agree on that deal, I doubt the pay is very good when the machines are on the ground, and 15 minutes to airborne, that's intense.

Flying-dutch
1st Apr 2015, 19:21
it's not a joke.
Saw this a few months ago.
It's a cherry drying job in the USA.
Camp next to the cherry field and wait for a phone call or weather report and get airborne to hover above the cherries to get them dry .
Well I don't know the ins-and-outs of a cherry drying job but have been told 40 hours a month is reasonable. So it's not really hourbuilding, more keeping yourself busy with your own helicopter.

Reely340
1st Apr 2015, 19:24
@ 600$/h and 300$/d I'd do that, had I a helicopter and CPL :cool:

What's cherry drying? Hovering 30ft AGL all day to dry the cherry trees? Sound like fun.

P.

PAXfips
1st Apr 2015, 19:42
That's a bit more descriptive about the job and "likely" income.
Community Forum - Robinson Helicopter Owners Group (http://www.robinsonhelicopters.org/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=53&topic=1392.0)

SFIM
1st Apr 2015, 19:54
i see in the community forum there is a bit about answering cell phones in flight not allowed.

what is the definitive situation in FAA land?

highflyer40
1st Apr 2015, 20:02
I can't see anything wrong with the advert. Doesn't really seem like a job offer for a career per se, but a little extra cash for someone who has there own heli on the side.