PDA

View Full Version : EK Rest Day before Leave

pprudence
27th Mar 2015, 04:24
I have 2 days OFF and REST before LEAVE after a swap. :sad:

Can Crewing change my REST day.? i.e. AD, CU etc..
Is it safe to go ?
A reference or where to look would be nice.

ruserious
27th Mar 2015, 04:29
No idea where to look, but you are safe to go, as they can only get you if it is an AD or some other form of sby

jidder
27th Mar 2015, 06:49
Rest day is a duty and as such can be changed, happened to me :ugh:

J:E

falconeasydriver
27th Mar 2015, 07:03
Fill in an off base? Then you can say they were notified :8 I had a day off changed to to an AD after a swap, which after an enquiry was changed to a rest day. My suspicion is that rest days are being used tactically to avoid having to give too many days off. The schedulers are also under the gun from those upstairs.

kingpost
27th Mar 2015, 07:14
Isn't it sad that they now roster you to finish a duty the day, in fact sometimes minutes, before your leave starts. I think this is a dangerous practise considering most guys need to fly somewhere to get home on vacation!

Gone are the days of getting 2 days off before and after your leave for travel purposes!

White Knight
27th Mar 2015, 09:25
I was rostered a flight landing DXB 23:20 before my leave once, and ALTs for me and family booked on the 203. I called fleet and said that the rostered flight wasn't doable as I would be on my way to the airport to check in at 23:00. No problem, they took me off the flight!

lospilotos
27th Mar 2015, 09:29
Is there any reference anywhere to getting a guaranteed day off after vacation?

springbok449
27th Mar 2015, 10:13
Falcon,

If you have a Day Off or a Rest Day changed to an AD after a swap, you can write to the flight crew swappers and they will forward an email to the Superindentands to change it back to A Day Off it happened to me after swapping a flight for something landing slightly earlier...

I was told this by a Senior Captain here so I tried it and within minutes it was sorted.

falconeasydriver
28th Mar 2015, 10:34
Bokky, yes that's indeed what I did and it was changed :ok: