PDA

View Full Version : why are ek pilots fatigued

Aiza
23rd Mar 2015, 13:32
There is a lot less to do in the cockpit than back in the days of 737 , 727 757 isn't it? Or I'm i just wrong completely.

#wonderingatplstudent

SOPS
23rd Mar 2015, 13:55
Excuse me while I roll around the floor laughing and wait for the incoming.

delorean79
23rd Mar 2015, 14:01
Troll at our 6. Popcorn ready.

alwayzinit
23rd Mar 2015, 14:45
Aiza, shouldn't you be hiding under a bridge or something?

olster
23rd Mar 2015, 15:09
you are wrong completely.

CamelRustler
23rd Mar 2015, 15:19
Aiza,
The main problem is newer aircraft have cab forward design which moved the buttons we press much further away. So it has become very difficult to get halfway out of our La-z-boy styled pilot seats reach over the cup holder and Pez dispensers to reach the buttons. What most people don't understand is we have to do this 2 times each flight. Once to poke the TAKEOFF button and then again to poke the LAND button. I hope this helps. Ignore the people giving you a hard time, there are some real jerks on this forum. Keep up the good questions!! CR

170to5
23rd Mar 2015, 15:25
Aiza

You are absolutely right, pilots these days are extremely lazy! I think we could all work twice as much without being tired, and as people who don't fly have said to me in the past, non-flyers "would love the glamour of our job" (quote)...imagine flying to, pick an EK destination, Manilla or Dhaka, and "having a free holiday for a week or however long we have when we get off!" (quote)

I love this job, it's so glamorous, and "nowadays we don't even have to fly the aeroplane, it does it all itself anyway, we just sit in the front and put the wheels up!" (quote)

I'll tell you what, having a big job in an office building where you have to make very important decisions about business stuff is much more stressful than what us pilots have to do!

Damn lazy pilots!

170to5
23rd Mar 2015, 15:32
Actually what I will say is that the 330/340 is great for days off, because we only have to go work at night!

Neptune Spear
23rd Mar 2015, 15:58
Yes you are completely wrong Aiza. Either you are ignorant or an idiot and I wouldn't relish being either.
We as pilots are still in charge of a large airplane and contrary to what you might have been told or thought we still have to takeoff, land, make numerous decisions every minute and are responsible for 400 passengers.
We as a profession have raised our level over the last 30 years all the while we have watched our pay and conditions detoriate beyond belief.
How many airline crashes or incidents have you seen in the last 5 years? Very few while we have so called mangers drive airlines bankrupt, drive away customers and prevent many a fine pilot from wanting to pursue what use to be a fine profession. Isn't is ironic that we have gotten so much better and our wages have gotten so much worse? So much for paying for what you are worth or deserve.
While it is still a good job at a limited number of airlines worldwide at Emirates we fly 20-25% more hours that those above mentioned airlines. In addition to that we fly Worldwide. Were a United pilot will only fly the Atlantic or only fly the Pacfic we go all over and do it 25% more. We fly at 2am, land at 6am after being up all night with many a long sector having only 2 pilots while those other airlines will put 3 and sometimes 4 pilots on their long sectors. You don't see those airline pilots fatigue but you do see a lot of Emirates pilots fatigued.
Are you really asking why Emirates pilots are so fatigue? Do a little research before asking such a ridiculous question.

nakbin330
23rd Mar 2015, 16:42
Why even respond to a question like this?

Eau de Boeing
23rd Mar 2015, 16:45
Aiza, didn't you just get promoted today?

Shouldn't you be out celebrating?

#oxygenthief

flaphandlemover
23rd Mar 2015, 18:41
@ Aiza

hahahahahahahahaha.... hahahahahaha.. hahahahhahahaha...
to be continued...

aaahhhhahahahahahahahah

ohh wait....:ugh::ugh::ugh:

Aiza, does this answer your question or do you need more details?

Aiza
23rd Mar 2015, 19:20
I did reaad a lot about EK on the other threads and how this profession is eroding ,

Is the fatigue because of monitoring the instruments all the time? Or lack of sleep or preflight duties etc?

Yes, another wannabepilot question.

Neektu
23rd Mar 2015, 19:55
Hey Aiza, are you for real?

birdieonfirst
23rd Mar 2015, 19:57
Aiza,

You have got to be f..ing joking...

:ok:BOF