PDA

View Full Version : R.B "Dick" Jones

mickanic
23rd Mar 2015, 08:16
Dick Jones, former Engineering Manager of Bristow Australia passed away last week. Dick was a long term employee of Bristow Helicopters stretching back to the late 60's. Affectionately known as the "Fluid Druid", he was well known in the industry and will be missed by many.

Funeral service in Perth, WA...
Date Monday 30th March 2015
Time 2pm Service 3.45 Burial
Place Fremantle West Chapel, cnr Leach Highway & Carrington, Palmyra

Ainippe
23rd Mar 2015, 10:20
Sad news - he was a great bloke.

nessboy
23rd Mar 2015, 13:03
Fondly remembered by all the local engineering staff who worked with Dick when he was Chief Engineer at Bristow Sumburgh in the mid seventies. PS and all the great parties in the "portapub".

Sevarg
23rd Mar 2015, 18:59
I'll raise a glass or two. Till we meet again in the great bar in the sky!

mtoroshanga
23rd Mar 2015, 19:46
R I P Dick You were one of the best.

TipCap
24th Mar 2015, 18:15
Sorry to hear the news. Remembered Dick from the old days

My condolences

TC

Oldlae
25th Mar 2015, 09:13
Condolences to Bridget and family. During my visit to Karratha when the Puma flew into the sea, Dick and Bridget took me on a tour of Perth and Fremantle, very nice afternoon. Dick will be missed.

gorotor
25th Mar 2015, 12:06
On behalf of Dick's family I wish to extend our thanks for the kind words and remembrances. The response on this and other networks from friends and acquaintances near and far has simply been overwhelming. The fact that he is remembered so fondly by so many over the length and breadth of his life is a sign of what a wonderful man he was.
Again our thanks.
Martin Jones

fat&furious
26th Mar 2015, 13:42
Dick Jones (the second "Dick Jones" I ever met working with Bristow) was a great mentor for all the young lads in Australia. The other was the "Vomiting Vicar" in Bristow Aberdeen.

Cheers Dick, you were a great guy to be around and a legend to me and my like. :{ RIP you will be missed.

paul richard harris
27th Mar 2015, 10:34
Condolences to Brigette and Family,
will always be remembered as a great mate to many and to my old man (Lionel Harris)
they were good times along with plenty of memories :)

RIP Dick

Brenda, Mark and Paul x

P2bleed
28th Mar 2015, 08:57
A very sad loss to many. Dick was as well as being one the best Chief Engineers in Oz, a great supporter of his “boys” and a true leader. RIP.