PDA

View Full Version : busted speed limit...

flaphandlemover
23rd Mar 2015, 04:11
http://m.arabianbusiness.com/uae-airline-pilots-caught-racing-at-200kph--586478.html

Two airline pilots were caught racing along Dubai’s Jumeirah Beach Road at 200kph, Dubai Police revealed.

According to news website 7 Days, the pilots, who allegedly worked for a UAE airline, were among 336 drivers who had their vehicles impounded during GCC Traffic Week last week.

Police said they clocked the two motorists racing down the street at nearly three times the speed limit.

Gulf Traffic Week is a week-long road safety campaign held across the GCC each year to raise awareness about reckless driving and other road dangers.

7Days quoted Colonel Saif Muhair Al Mazroui, head of the Dubai Traffic Police department, as saying: “We have seized cars and bikes this week for driving recklessly, annoying other road users and racing on Dubai roads.

“About 85 per cent of the vehicles were seized on Jumeirah Beach Road, JBR and in the Al Barsha area.

“We caught two pilots racing in their cars on Jumeirah Road doing 200kph. We fined them and seized their cars for this dangerous offence.”

Al Mazroui said more patrols will be placed on roads and highways that are popular with joyriders, including Sheikh Mohammad bin Zayed Road and Al Khail RoaD.

glofish
23rd Mar 2015, 05:28
apart from their profession it would be interesting to know their nationality .....

junglie-driver
23rd Mar 2015, 05:34
I personally don't know any pilots who live around me with a vehicle that does 200 kph.....

Mister Warning
23rd Mar 2015, 06:26
I thought the limit was 250 below 10,000?

DuneMentat
23rd Mar 2015, 06:43
At least they didn't have their flying license taken for flying too low ;-)

QCM
23rd Mar 2015, 11:11
Impossible I didn't see any related ASR...

Am NOT Sure
23rd Mar 2015, 12:33
I must confess
I was one of the reckless fools trying to get home as fast as I could to change and get to the airport after answering a call from scheduling and accepting a flight on my off day

skyvan
23rd Mar 2015, 12:36
Could not have been an expat or it would have said where they were from.

Just got to read between the lines.:confused:

jack schidt
23rd Mar 2015, 18:07
If there was a credible police force and credible laws, this would have been a lot more serious for the offenders. Driving at 200kmph in residential areas should mean a driving ban. Which of us wants to be down the back with our family with nutters like this at the controls? I am having a hard time thinking of who might be the type of fools who would do something like this?:E

J

flaphandlemover
23rd Mar 2015, 18:39
car was impounded.... buhuu....

I'll take the Bentley then....
problem solved