PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye, good luck and thanks

SOPS
22nd Mar 2015, 18:20
I'm out of here in the next few hours. Before I go on, I have to say, for me at least, the leaving process has been pain free. Everything happened as was advertised and I have no complaints.

This is just to say, thanks to all the great people I have had the privilege to fly with over the last 9 years. You are all a great team of people, and I would suggest, some of the best aviators around.

If only our leaders would realise this, things could be very different. However, they choose to beat,bully, hand out warning letters like confetti, keep everyone living in fear, and think they are doing a great job.

I am in the lucky position that I can leave, and not worry if I have to work again.

But I know many of you can't do that.
So. I just say to you all, thanks for some great times, once those doors are closed the job is great, please be nice to each other(we only have each other these days) and remember..if it is really getting you down, go home, because life is short.

Kind regards to all

SOPS

jidder
22nd Mar 2015, 18:33
Sad to see good guys go... But at the same time I congratulate you:D. This company is very short sighted. Good luck and I'm sure you will use this experience to your benefit :ok:

J:E

145qrh
22nd Mar 2015, 18:44
Best of luck .don't look back .

fliion
22nd Mar 2015, 20:07
Don't forget to tell us what life is like on the outside.

Blue skies brother

f.

flaphandlemover
22nd Mar 2015, 20:09
Thanks for the chat M8...

Enjoy home and all the rest...

send us a postcard...:ok::ok::ok:

CaptainProp
22nd Mar 2015, 20:59
....and remember..if it is really getting you down, go home, because life is short.

I'm not working in the Middle East but those words are very true and something for all of us to remember.

Good luck with your new life SOPS!

CP

Am NOT Sure
22nd Mar 2015, 21:10
Good luck SOPS

I hope your presence on these forums is not sharing the same fate as EK

natops
24th Mar 2015, 06:10
Enjoy the rest of your life SOPS,
Keep us posted how it feels like getting into normal sleeping patterns, and not feeling tired all the time!

N:ok:

alwayzinit
24th Mar 2015, 08:43
Cheers SOPS!

nolimitholdem
25th Mar 2015, 07:57
With others I've stayed in touch with post-EK, the overwhelming sentiment is:

"WHY DIDN'T I DO THIS SOONER?!"

Their food has taste again. They're sleeping properly. Their health has improved and they look years younger. Simple pleasures they sacrificed for years are returned. It's amazing the toll the incremental stress and increased workload over the years took, but they couldn't see it fully until they were outside of it. You get so wrapped up in the complete BULLSH$T of EK/Dubai life minutiae that the freedom from it is like the relief of lancing a boil.

Congratulations SOPS! Wish you best of health in your new circumstances! :ok:

SOPS
25th Mar 2015, 11:57
Thanks all ( I will ignore Natos as a complete:mad:), I am sitting at home, the dogs are asleep on the floor, my two adult kids have dropped around to have a drink, and once again tonight I will sleep in my own bed with the girl I have been in love with for 28 years.

I flew for 35 years, I thought the end it might hurt, but so far so good. As I said before, if it gets you down, life is short dont waste it.

what_goes_up
25th Mar 2015, 12:29
SOPS and nolimitholdem
Thanks for your recent posts and the enlightenment that goes with it!
I am going through the decision process this very moment. It's not easy to just leave, but you guys got me a step closer to what I should do!

Good luck with your new life SOPS

RainbowLorikeet
25th Mar 2015, 14:41
Enjoy freedom and the wonders of life.
We will continue to try and harvest love in the sandy horizons...