PDA

View Full Version : EK - New Sick Reporting Procedure

sheiken around
19th Mar 2015, 13:29
WOW !!

At a time when EK pilot crewing is at its lowest levels in years, attrition is up and morale is down, introducing a new crew sick call procedure, which is designed to intimidate and harass, is not the way to go.

Good luck EK management with keeping your pilots. :ugh:

falconeasydriver
19th Mar 2015, 13:39
Can't say I agree Sheiky, yes it would appear on the face of it that it does formalise the procedure a little more, but if your sick your sick. "Hello yes, yes that's right I'm sick...what's that you say? I'm in breach of the sick policy due to xxxx oh ok, thanks for pointing that out, I'm still sick by the way...thank you bye!"

BobDole
19th Mar 2015, 14:25
Was there a new memo or something put out? Nothing in the email yet and nothing new on FOIP....

SOPS
19th Mar 2015, 15:04
What does this new policy state?

natops
19th Mar 2015, 16:21
hahaha yes falconeasydriver its that easy, good one.

N.:ok:

Mister Warning
19th Mar 2015, 17:07
Dial 2 not working?

777-200LR
19th Mar 2015, 17:10
Spot on falconeasydriver

I don't see it as an intimidation though

drop kick
19th Mar 2015, 17:26
Where is this new policy???

Will Rogers
19th Mar 2015, 18:18
There is an e-mail out but there is no change to the policy or regulation (as its in OM-A), just to the procedure of how you actually report sick (or actually to whom you actually report sick). As long as you don't do more then your allowed 2 days in a roster period and follow the outline in the OM-A, etc. the "new" guy won't have anything to say apart from "thank you for calling".

Why does everyone get so excited for nothing all the time?

trimotor
20th Mar 2015, 07:03
Idiot conspiracy theorists stop now: what is the change to the sick policy? None. It's just a change in the reporting and admin. Plus there is the option now of being told where the rules are and where you stand. And an email confirming everything.

Easier for management, and the sick pilot is better informed.

So who gives a rat's; if you're sick, you're sick. Endex.

sheiken around
20th Mar 2015, 07:40
The thing that I think most are missing, is the introduction of an official sickness monitoring program.

Previously, fleet "monitored" the rosters of the fleets that were undergoing difficult schedules. Ask any of the 330/340 guys about being called in for chats with fleet re "excessive sickness".

Now, it appears that the monitoring is going to be systemwide. So, all fleets can expect to be called in to discuss sickness rates.

"Idiot Conspiracy Theorists" aside, just watch this space to see what is going to happen re guys being called in about sick days.

...and, I agree, if you're sick, you're sick !! Just do the same thing we've always done. Just remember - now its being monitored for all fleets.

ruserious
20th Mar 2015, 09:42
remember everything starts off as a leetle bit of incremental bu**ery, just when you are getting used to the pain, another bit is added, over the years you will eventually become totally sha*ted

fatbus
20th Mar 2015, 12:21
Really, how cares, just book off if sick! Never fly sick!!!

alwayzinit
20th Mar 2015, 17:40
The whole new thing looks like an excuse for a new management post. After all you can never have too many mangers:ugh:

Calmcavok
20th Mar 2015, 19:05
The big problem, and the rod that management make for their own back, is that they give very little background information to the various and many edicts that are issued.

It's a culture of fear that pervades throughout the company. How cowed you are by that depends on the individual, but it's definitely there. See the weekly ASRs for example.

Be suspicious they say. You bet we are.

Marsellus
22nd Mar 2015, 12:31
Why would you be in fear !? Very simple- sick is sick. Using sickness for other reasons and not valid is not excepted in any industry!?

I don't understand why people are afraid of the company. Same counts for legal issues. If you follow the rules and regulations there is no reason to fear..

Maybe I am missing something.

nolimitholdem
22nd Mar 2015, 16:37
You are missing pretty much everything.

The email is nothing more than an attempt to intimidate people into working sick, by making their lives unpleasant as possible when genuinely sick.

Instead of examining why sick/fatigue rates are increasing, and looking for a solution to the fundamental problems, they choose to try and clamp down on the workforce with veiled threats.

It won't work, of course, because people really are sick and fatigued. I shudder to thing of what excuses EK will offer at the inevitable accident investigation when their full rostering practices are presented to the regulators.

People are more fed up, than afraid. Witness the people resigning with no jobs to go to. It's never a good idea to drive your workers to the point where they feel they have little to lose.

PositiveRate876
23rd Mar 2015, 11:23
This is simply a case of creating more job opportunities, and nothing more.

They now can hire a Sickness Monitoring Attendant, Sickness Monitoring Deputy Attendant, Sickness Monitoring Assistant Attendant. And last but not least... SVP - Sickness Monitoring.

145qrh
23rd Mar 2015, 11:46
Not forgetting the post of Monitor Sickness , VP , SVP...etc.

Joking aside, I can't see a problem with the change , same phone number just different person answering. Prob better for the crew controllers .

Jumeirah James
23rd Mar 2015, 11:47
Didn't they just promote one of these attendants to DCPA? :E