PDA

View Full Version : Gunbalanya Air chief pilot

ZK-WPM
18th Mar 2015, 03:58
Hey guys.

Does anyone know the chief pilot of GunAir? His name is Chouy I think. I phoned and asked but now am not sure I have got the spelling right. I want to apply for a Job but don't want to ring back again.

Cheers

JackFa
18th Mar 2015, 04:17
Did you read the AFAP ad? That might be the reason (please no phone calls) :)

aircooled
18th Mar 2015, 04:29
Chuoy? That's definitely not the bloke who was CP when I passed through a few years back...I'll never forget meeting him, that was an experience!

ZK-WPM
18th Mar 2015, 04:35
JackFA yea I only phoned to get his name, he was happy as and even spelled it for me but somehow I have messed it up.

threegreensconfirmed
18th Mar 2015, 05:25
It's Chouy.

iPahlot
18th Mar 2015, 08:11
Chouy is a really nice bloke :ok:

solowflyer
18th Mar 2015, 11:36
Unlike the former CP that I think air cooled is referring to. Think he ended up getting run out of town by the locals.

Ixixly
18th Mar 2015, 13:22
Solowflyer, not sure whom you're referring to, last 2 Chief Pilots I'm aware of worked for GunAir for a number of years each, did an excellent job and were well liked. Know them personally and had plenty of respect for them, they've both moved onto better things.

solowflyer
18th Mar 2015, 21:07
Was going back six or seven yes now. Think this one was not there long. He was a legend on the skies or at least that's what he kept telling every one who would listen.

Ixixly
18th Mar 2015, 23:48
Haha, fair enough, he would have been just before my time there then!

whichstrip
19th Mar 2015, 03:52
He definitely loved to tell anyone who would listen how good he was. The following CP's were great blokes and top operators. The beauty of the top end is that everyone gets what they deserve, some are flying jets now and some end up taxiing 206's into each other at night :D

aircooled
19th Mar 2015, 06:04
He was a legend on the skies or at least that's what he kept telling every one who would listen

Ah yes, there we go...I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't heard it for myself. Never heard the official explanation regarding those 206s either....