PDA

View Full Version : Tasmania Heli Operators?

JBL99
17th Mar 2015, 20:31
Dear fellow PPruners,

I'm travelling out to Tasmania in a weeks time and spending 2 weeks out there with relatives. Anyone recommend/have experience of, a reliable Heli operator on the island that operates pleasure flights over the island.

I've "googled" and there seem to be several, but always good to a get personal recommendation!:ok:

Thanks JBL99

heliduck
17th Mar 2015, 21:53
Rotorlift based at the Hobart airport offer tourism flights, the other operators in that area focus on utility work. There used to be a small tourist operator on the West Coast at Strahan but I don't know if they're still there. Launceston area has a few operators mainly focussed on Ag & utility. Par Avion operate fixed wing tours & Tasmanian Sea Planes operate a float equipped Beaver out of Hobart & offer flights around the main attractions in that area, might be cheaper & who doesn't love the sound of an old radial passing overhead.

Ascend Charlie
18th Mar 2015, 00:18
Make sure your wife doesn't get lost: in these days of Brazilians, not many women have a full map of Tasmania any more.

heliduck
18th Mar 2015, 05:38
Nothing wrong with being above the treeline!

Nigel Osborn
18th Mar 2015, 07:51
I think you will find the fixed wing tourist flights just as much fun & a lot cheaper. There are numerous little strips all over the island if you wanted to land for some reason.

JBL99
18th Mar 2015, 14:48
AC, very funny!

Thanks for the other replies, guess I'll have a look around when out there.

Was hoping someone had some recent experience to share?

Thanks again