PDA

View Full Version : SAA Cadet Scheme Tests/Interviews

Jet Pil0t
7th Jun 2002, 15:05
Hi

Well regarding my previous post I did get in.

Has anyone been through the SAA Cadet initial selection process? I've been invited to the first round (whatever that means) and was wondering if anyone can tell me what to expect - is it all psychometric stuff or is there some basic maths/physics stuff too? I know you SAA pilots are lurking on this board, hows about giving me a hand up the ladder?

Thanks

walkertonio
7th Jun 2002, 16:49
what are the minimum requirements to apply for this company ?

skyvan
7th Jun 2002, 20:11
Why not phone Susan or Capt BG (when he gets back from Aus) and ask.

But don't try to prepare too hard. All the tests want is honesty (there are checks and balances within the tests) and for you to do the best you can.

The computer simulation test has a base generator, which measures not how well you do, but rather how much you improve during the sessions.

The psychometric and sim games may be able to be helped by prior practise, but the mental makeup is more important.

The selection process is almost as fine-tuned as it can be now. I don't think there has been a failure in Aus for the last 3 or 4 courses.

A friend who I am currently helping to train at the moment, was not successful in her application, and she will make a great pilot. But the process kicked her out. Go figure!

Good luck.

Warlock2000
10th Jun 2002, 10:17
As far as I can tell the only real requirement is that your skin be a darker shade of pale and that you have nothing between your legs!

Affirmative action I think they call it!
:mad:

Gunship
10th Jun 2002, 16:47
Good luck Jet PilOt !

Hope you have Dreadlocks .... or what yah say Warrrlocks ? :D

On a serious note ... you have come so far .... it is only the beginning but best if luck to you !

Cheers,