PDA

View Full Version : S1 Passive owners or Tech Gurus

ih8un
16th Mar 2015, 06:59
Hi,

Im hoping someone who onwn a S1 Passive headset or someone with good technical knowledge can help me on this issue I am having.

Basically my 1st S1 headset from Sennheiser did not work with my iPhone at all, audio worked fine but there was no microphone input. This was with all devices not just the iPhone. Sennheiser confirmed that this was an issue with iPhones however it seems my headset was faulty either way, No problems though because Sennheiser Aus sent me out a replacement to fix the iPhone issue and the faulty headset.

However, the new headset which appears to be a new batch (1085 vs 1065) is able to receive microphone input, but not from the S1 passive. It is utilising the Iphone/Computers inbuilt microphone.

So, can anyone please help me on this very specific issue. Why is the S1 Passive microphone boom not working with non aircraft systems? Is this a specific issue with S1's, or 3.5mm hardwired aviation headsets?

newbiexxx
16th Mar 2015, 22:02
I wonder if all headsets operate like this........

The name is Porter
16th Mar 2015, 23:32
I can help you, buy a Lightspeed Zulu 2. None of the issues that you talk of with the Sennheiser.

ih8un
17th Mar 2015, 08:59
At the price point I was looking at, the S1 Passive was the most suitable in my opinion. Spending 3x the amount is not whats going to solve my issue. My issue may not even be an issue, thats why I sought advise on here.