PDA

View Full Version : Chartering aircraft

Rabbs
15th Mar 2015, 20:30
Hi all

I have a colleague who is looking at options to travel from Durham Tees to Exeter or Plymouth (or somewhere close). Does anyone know any air charter companies and any ideas of rates?

He would be going down on Sunday and back on Wed evening - he's looked at driving, rail and scheduled flights but wondered if there was another option.

heli14
16th Mar 2015, 17:45
you may get more replies on the bizjet/GA forum, however it depends how many pax, how flash you want to be etc etc...

You could try Diamond Executive Aviation at Gamston; they operate DA42s for passenger charter - probably about the cheapest option if only 1 or 2 people, or Ravenair Liverpool may be able to help with a PA34 or similar.

You could also try Capital Air Charter at Exeter, who have KingAirs; there are a number of other operators with similar aircraft too.

You probably won't get an operator to lay over unless they're really quiet, so you'll likely be looking at 2x one ways; there are various operators of larger aircraft such as KingAir or small jets...a search of the Air Charter Guide website may help: Air Charter Guide - A Definitive Resource for Online Aircraft Charter (http://www.aircharterguide.com/)

For small jets, Centreline at Bristol, London Executive Aviation, Blink at Blackbushe, Gama/Hangar 8, Flairjet, Airmed Oxford (to name a few) are all options, but probably more expensive.

h14

Rabbs
16th Mar 2015, 18:19
Thanks heli - wasnt really sure where to post this - thanks for the pointer

I'll pass on the below - all good stuff.

It's just him so a PA34 would probably do. I think the Jet option would break his bank (he isnt short of a few bob, but didnt get that way by wasting his $)

Thanks for taking the time to respond on this

Rabbs